West Coast Seasonista Gathering!

ukuleledaddy

Reaction score
There seems to be enough interest in a west coast Seasonista gathering that I figured I'd make this thread for anyone who's interested in discussing this further and possibly joining in the fun.

So…… LET'S MAKE THIS HAPPEN!

WHERE SHOULD THIS HAPPEN? - So far, I've been in contact with a number of interested folks and it looks like it may work out best to have two different gatherings, one in CA and one further north (Portland?). So this thread might be divided into two separate threads at some point, but for now, let's continue to figure this out until we hear from everyone who's interested. Who knows, maybe we all can get together in one spot. I've heard from both Dougf and Caukulele who say they can go to there wine country (Cloverdale, Santa Rosa, etc) but cannot travel to Portland. Maybe some of us can go to both locations?Speaking for myself, I may able to go to CA depending on the date.

WHEN SHOULD THIS HAPPEN? - On the previous thread I suggested the weekend of July 19/20 just to get the discussion rolling. Feel free to suggest any/all dates that might work for you and I suppose we'll go with critical mass. If there ends up being two or more gatherings out here in the west, each gathering should create their own thread to figure out dates, etc.

Also, planning a big gathering could become crazy and hectic. Let's keep it as stress free and fun as we can. Maybe there will be one big gathering, maybe there will be five or six in this part of the world. Here is where we begin…….

I believe So Cal is open ground as there is not much going on.
Perhaps Central Coast the cost might be less and folks from the Bay are and well as LA could easily attend.

I'm always interested in a jam, but I live way up north, almost to Canada, and in the center of the state, close to almost no big city, Spokane is over 3 hrs and Seattle 5.

Alas I'm on the South Coast and.......... in a different country !!

Last edited:
I am in! Ukedaddy, just actually wrote you about this on your YT page (your "Louie Louie" video with Andrew and Ralf) just a few minutes ago. I can make it to Portland, for sure -- northern CA, possibly, too. Btw -- on a *sort of* related note, there is the Vancouver (BC) Uke Festival happening on March 8 & 9 -- wondering if any PNW Seasonistas are going to attend -- or any Seasonista, actually?

Please do keep me posted on a West Coast gathering if it happens! It would be wonderful!! :)

P.S. the weekend of July 19-20 is also great! Please let me know what I can do to help make this happen!

Last edited:
Let's do this! Always up for a gathering!

I believe So Cal is open ground as there is not much going on.
Perhaps Central Coast the cost might be less and folks from the Bay are and well as LA could easily attend.

That's a good idea. I know for myself I wouldn't be able to make it any further than N. CA. Maybe there could be a S. CA gathering as well as a N. CA gathering and a Portland gathering?

I'm always interested in a jam, but I live way up north, almost to Canada, and in the center of the state, close to almost no big city, Spokane is over 3 hrs and Seattle 5.

Any chance you could make it to either Portland or N. CA this summer?

I am in! Ukedaddy, just actually wrote you about this on your YT page (your "Louie Louie" video with Andrew and Ralf) just a few minutes ago. I can make it to Portland, for sure -- northern CA, possibly, too. Btw -- on a *sort of* related note, there is the Vancouver (BC) Uke Festival happening on March 8 & 9 -- wondering if any PNW Seasonistas are going to attend -- or any Seasonista, actually?

Please do keep me posted on a West Coast gathering if it happens! It would be wonderful!! :)

P.S. the weekend of July 19-20 is also great! Please let me know what I can do to help make this happen!

That's great Chelle (sp?)! At this point I guess the thing to do is figure out who can travel where. I know DougF and Caukulele can make a N. CA gathering but not further north.

I won't be attending the Vancouver Uke Fest but thanks for passing on the info!

wow, thanks for the heads up on Vancouver, I may be able to swing that. here's the link
http://www.rubysukes.ca/vancouver-ukulele-festival/

Last edited:
So, here's the latest rumblings: I've heard from The Ukelites and it looks like there's a good chance they may be in The Bay Area (near San Francisco) sometime in August. EugeneUkulele has also mentioned that he might be in The Bay Area in August. This could be AMAZING.

I am not a seasonista but if any of you are in the bay area and want to jam, my 2nd annual UKEJAM BY THE BAY is on March 29th, Saturday in San Francisco, CA. I hope some of you can make it. Just jammin all day long. A few luthiers may be coming to display some ukes and jam. All the details are at this post: http://forum.ukuleleunderground.com...M-BY-THE-BAY-2014-March-29th-San-Francisco-CA

Hope to see some of you especially you Eric!

Cheers

Top Bottom