Kanilea K3-TP worth it?

drose

Reaction score
Looking at a nice Kanilea K3-TP from HMS, and was wondering if anyone had any experience with them, were they worth the price? They are beautiful ukes!

Last edited:
Looking at a nice Kanilea K3-TP from UKS, and was wondering if anyone had any experience with them, were they worth the price? They are beautiful ukes!

That is a very loaded question. The real question is "is it worth it to you?" I like Kanilea, and of all of the factories, I think they have access to the nicest looking wood. They put extra attention in those high-end ukes, so you shouldn't be disappointed.

However, I will also say for that price, I would at least look in to some of the custom builders.

When I bought my K1-TP from Scotty's, he dug out a K2-TP with Abalone Honu inlays. I nearly said YES!!! instantly until I played it. The machine heads were so tight they were almost impossible to turn. I realise this is something that is probably easy to remedy, but it shows that one can slip through the net, even with the top manufacturers. Unless you're buying from someone reputable, such as HMS or Mim, make sure you try before you buy when spending this amount of cash.

Yes. It is worth it. No I am not kidding.

Kanilea makes great instruments, and this one is top of the line. The real questions are, can you afford it? And if the answer is yes, do you think that YOU are worth it?

...Just my opinion. But you did ask

I felt much the same as you about my Kanilea KPE tenor but as soon as I put some good quality strings on it I knew I had done the right thing, I have a K1 T as well as the KPE-T both are fantastic instruments which I would not part with.
I just love Kanilea.

I'm another supporter of Kanile'a ukuleles. I have two of them, both have flawless workmanship and fantastic tone. If it's within your budget, you will not be disappointed!

+1 for Kanile'a! That K3-TP is an awesome instrument and HMS will give it a perfect setup.

Don't worry if there's a slight separation in the lacquer, where the heel meets the body though. I was panicking until a few people mentioned that this is quite common with Kanile'a.

I would play it, if it didn't take a plane ride to get there, ha ha! There are no distributors around me. I however have dealt with hms before, and their quality control is excellent. Just wondering what your experience was. Thanks to everyone who replied! Still thinking about it, so would appreciate more input.

Top Bottom