NUD: Timms soprano

dirtiestkidever

Reaction score
I have only played it for an hour or so but I am really blown away by it. Great clear clear notes. And very loud in a good non-boomy way.

It feels great in my hands too. Very natural to hold and play. Thin neck, very light. I don't know it just feels great.

It came with Aquilas. I went to the store to get Worth browns but they didnt have them so I got Worth CLs and they just sound beautiful. I was trying to get a slightly more mellow sound so I will probably order the Worth browns but this set up sounds so great I may just leave them on there for awhile.

I was expecting to like it but it definitely exceeded my expectations.

Here is a little sound sample.

Last edited:
congratulations! Got pix?

Congratulations on your new uke day! Bet it sounds sweet.

Great choice brother and congratulations. I also love my Timms for similar reasons. Punchy, great volume, light as a feather and very well balanced across all strings. I have heard folks say that it's as close to a vintage Martin sound that there is and who am I to disagree. The worth clears lose a little in volume on the aquilas but give a smoother and sweeter voice I reckon. Got worth clears on mine for now but I have a feeling there'll be something even better one day. Enjoy her mate.

Congratulations, they are fantastic instruments.

I got one for Christmas, and my other ukes haven't been getting much love lately, the Timms is my goto for now.

Mine is strung with Martins at the moment, but I'm not entirely happy with the C string, it is a bit thuddy sounding. I just got some Southcoasts so I'm going to try them next. I also liked how it sounded with the Aquilas, but I don't like how they feel.

Congrats -- my Timms has effectively put (soprano) UAS into remission.

I had Southcoast mediums on, but went back to Worth BMs when the SCs finally wore out. It's all preference -- either choice is a good one IMO.

Forgot to add: pics please! (I think some of Ken's tops have been especially pretty as of late.)

Also forgot: is yours one of the -- super-cool -- baked maple fretboards?

Cheers.

Congrats on your new "baby" Sound like they play as good as they look.

Pics and sound sample in a few days. Working on much more important things today.

My all time favorite uke. I have it with living water strings.

Congrats on your new "baby" Sound like they play as good as they look.

Funny you mention it because the reason I didn't have time to post pics and sounds sample because my wife was having an actual baby.

Anyway, just added a quick sound sample to my original post for those who are interested.

And here is a song I recorded for the last Seasons of the ukulele with my Timms.

Forgot to add: pics please! (I think some of Ken's tops have been especially pretty as of late.)

Also forgot: is yours one of the -- super-cool -- baked maple fretboards?

Cheers.

Still no pics. Been busy these days but I figure videos are always better than pics. I also really like some of his recent builds that were especially dark in color. This one is fairly standard mahogany color. Nice looking wood though. And I have no idea what the fretboard is made out of. In fact I know very little about this uke. I just PM'ed him and told him I would buy his next one. Never even saw a picture of it. But its mahogany, its made by Ken, it sounds amazing, and is effortless to play. I guess that's all I really need to know.

Congratulations on your actual baby and your uke baby! Looks like you got in just under the wire - Ken says he's taking a break for a while.

Congrats there is nothing like a NUD, I had a mainland soprano last week.
All the best with your Timms.
Steve

I got my used Timms on Saturday, and I loved it from the moment I took it out of the case. The feeling was like getting hit with Cupid's dart. It looks, feels and sounds wonderful, and I am delighted with it.

PS--The baby is much more important, but it's nice to have a sweet uke to relax with.

Still no pics. Been busy these days but I figure videos are always better than pics. I also really like some of his recent builds that were especially dark in color. This one is fairly standard mahogany color. Nice looking wood though. And I have no idea what the fretboard is made out of. In fact I know very little about this uke. I just PM'ed him and told him I would buy his next one. Never even saw a picture of it. But its mahogany, its made by Ken, it sounds amazing, and is effortless to play. I guess that's all I really need to know.

That sounds about right.

Congrats on the new baby, as well. We're expecting our second in three weeks (although my wife is hoping sooner ;)).

The new uke sounds great, and it's nice to see you able to grab a few minutes to play it! I'll bet the baby loves being serenaded. Now you'll have a whole new song repertoire to learn. ;)

You need to start singing lullabies for your new little one. The Timms looks and sounds great. I love the feel of Worth clears.

Cool! congrats....I normally don't care for sporanos, but that one sounds great! nice job on tht song, too!

Top Bottom