Can anyone identify this song? and the performer?

Booli

Reaction score
Hi all UU folks,

I am not sure if this belongs in the 'Links & Videos' or 'Song Help' section so I will try here first.

I am seeking help from the global membership of UU to identify this song, and eventually get the chords and lyrics for it.

I am not sure what language this is, but it sounds like maybe he is singing in Japanese?

Even though I can not understand any of the words, I think this song, and his performance of this song is just awesome. His enthusiasm is infectious. Does anyone know the name of this performer?

I would like to learn this song, even in whatever language this actually is.

Please help me figure this out...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ZqfNwVGkEc

Also, in case you were wondering, I found this video while looking for the 'Traveler Guitars Ultra-light Ukulele' (http://www.travelerguitar.com/acoustic/item/ultra-light-ukulele) which seems to be the only true competition for the RISA Stick, but the Traveler seems to exist only in concert scale.

You can buy the Traveler Ukulele here, here, here or here.

EDIT: FYI - Google Translate (JAPANESE DETECTED) tells me the youtube channel '判治大介' means 'Daisuke judgment rule' and the video title '光る石ころ ハンサム判治大介' means 'Handsome stone haunch Daisuke shining' but this helps very little.

-Booli

Last edited:
It's in Japanese. The performer goes by "Handsome Hanji" (or "Handsome Hanzi" depending on how it's transliterated). Here's a link to his website and here's Google Translate's rather sorry attempt at translating his Wikipedia entry.

The song is called "Hikaru Ishikoro" which translates literally as "shiny pebble." The lyrics are here in Japanese, which I realize won't be much help to you. I tried to find a version transliterated into English but failed - I'm copying and pasting them below in case someone else on UU has the time or inclination to do so for you.

季節は流れ
またひとつ重ね
かぞえうた忘れても
声のする方へ

悲しくて笑い
嬉しくて泣いた
この闇の向こう側に
光る石ころ見つけた

たとえ全てを失った夜でも
夢は見れるだろう
夜空の星の数
数えてりゃ
涙も乾くだろう

数え切れぬ
さよなら抱えて
数え切れぬ
ありがとうを胸に

真っ暗な道に
小さく光る
石ころを握りしめ
歩いて行こう

たとえ全てを失った夜でも
夢は見れるだろう
夜空の星の数
数えてりゃ
涙も乾くだろう

数え切れぬ
さよなら抱えて
数え切れぬ
ありがとうを胸に

Last edited:
EDIT: FYI - Google Translate (JAPANESE DETECTED) tells me the youtube channel '判治大介' means 'Daisuke judgment rule' and the video title '光る石ころ ハンサム判治大介' means 'Handsome stone haunch Daisuke shining' but this helps very little.

-Booli

Ha ha - never, ever trust Google Translate, especially when it comes to Japanese!

判治大介 is his given name - Daisuke (大介) is his first name, and I think the last name (判治) is Hanji or Hanzi. The song title is 光る石ころ, which transliterates to Hikaru Ishikoro, which means something like "shiny pebble."

It's in Japanese. The performer goes by "Handsome Hanji" (or "Handsome Hanzi" depending on how it's transliterated). Here's a link to his website and here's Google Translate's rather sorry attempt at translating his Wikipedia entry.

The song is called "Hikaru Ishikoro" which translates literally as "shiny pebble." The lyrics are here in Japanese, which I realize won't be much help to you. I tried to find a version transliterated into English but failed - I'm copying and pasting them below in case someone else on UU has the time or inclination to do so for you.

WOW.

Thank you so much janeray1940.

This is a huge help.

With this information in hand, maybe it wont be so difficult to figure out the rest.

You MADE my day! :)

-Booli

WOW.

Thank you so much janeray1940.

This is a huge help.

With this information in hand, maybe it wont be so difficult to figure out the rest.

You MADE my day! :)

-Booli

Glad I could help - good luck!

Ha ha - never, ever trust Google Translate, especially when it comes to Japanese!

Yea, I know. I once learned a very bitter lesson trying to use Google Translate to ask a very attractive foreign girl out on a date that only spoke a completely different language and no American English at all except 'hello' and 'thank you'.

Google Translate does not like me.

Lets just say that it did NOT end well.

-Booli

Yes, he is Handsome Hanji. He has another name, Ukulele Taishi (meaning 'ambassador'). I heard his live concert in Nagoya last month. His voice was so loud that he didn't need any microphones.

Top Bottom