Prog Rock Ukulele Project - Ice & Never the Same

uke4ia

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score

One of my favorite things to do on ukulele is see how much '70s progressive rock I can play. I have an ongoing personal Prog Rock Ukulele Project. This playlist includes songs by Genesis, Yes, Camel, Moody Blues, Procol Harum, etc., along with a few newer bands like Porcupine Tree:

Prog Rock Ukulele Project

The last two week's themes in the Seasons of the Ukulele gave me reasons to learn a couple of songs I've always loved by lesser-known bands. This one is "Ice" by a band called Crack the Sky, which never became well known except in Baltimore and maybe Pittsburgh.

This is "Never the Same" by Echolyn, a more recent prog rock band from eastern Pennsylvania. This is a beautiful song for dealing with death and loss.

Checked out your youtube link, LOVE "The Voice" by The Moody Blues and great to hear Caravan on a ukulele!!!

Any chance of the chords for those two?

I'm not familiar with Pineapple Thief. If I was going to go listen to one of their albums, which one would you recommend?

There's only a few of the second-generation prog bands that I've listened to much, and about the only ones I've really liked were Porcupine Tree and Echolyn. There's a bunch of ones like Flower Kings that don't interest me much.

Someone Here Is Missing is a great album.

Porcupine Tree definitely one of the best and Steve is just genius. I also love his solo work.

Top Bottom