All Of Me - The Hot Tone Rhythm Boys feat. Jim 'Django' Gritt

Booli

Reaction score
I'd like to think that this is what Jim Beloff had in mind for page 20 in 'The Daily Ukulele'.

From the YT description:
"On this film The Hot Tone Rhythm Boys are joined by the master of gypsy jazz ukulele Jim 'Django' Gritt. Jim is playing a cedar top Ohana concert ukulele and Nipper a Favilla baritone ukulele.

Lead Ukulele - Jim 'Django' Gritt
Rhythm Ukulele / Vocals - Nipper
Double Bass - Tom French"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvXrKTPxTWM

Wish I could play like that, and I'm working on it, furiously.

woww. those guys are tight. they aren't playing with picks are they. or is that just the way they they're holding their fingers.??

So many great videos they have. I love the little scenes they set up before each song too. They really set the mood.

woww. those guys are tight. they aren't playing with picks are they. or is that just the way they they're holding their fingers.??

I'm almost positive they're both using picks. Watching full screen it looks like the baritone player is using a thumb pick and I'm pretty sure the other guy is using a pick, too, at least when he's picking out the solos and probably the whole time.

Not that it matters, of course. Whatever works, works, and these guys obviously work!

John

Great Video, thanks for sharing. Sure wish I could be a part of a little group like that

Top Bottom