Buying a New Tenor Ukulele

boidflip

Reaction score
Well, I have been playing for a year and a half now and I had played with a concert and soprano. Though, I like both, and I started playing guitar and wanting a full out sound so I decided (actually thinking still) to buy a tenor uke.

Any suggestion out there for a good tenor? Cause I want one that sounds really good, cause sometimes I play for the church.
But I want it like sounding like Aldrine's with that nice full out sound.
Electric-Acoustic, or just acoustic is fine with range not going pass 350.

In that price range, Mainland Tenors are recommonended. All solid wood, bone nut and saddle, etc. A good deal.

Why do you think church music has higher sound requirements? Wouldn't you want a good sounding instrument for whatever you play?

i have a Tennor Koa Lanikai with a pickup and cutaway
i picked that at the lanikai booth at the swap meet
and i got that for about $250

in my opinion it sounds pretty good
the shadow pickup does justice to the sound
the cutaway makes it easier to reach the hard to hit notes

in conclusion not everything made in china is as bad as we think
:D

Last edited:
Why do you think church music has higher sound requirements? Wouldn't you want a good sounding instrument for whatever you play?

well as opposed to playing over a guitar in a band you have to play over an organ that can be as big as a building, just a tab bit louder than a guitar

Lanikai Tenor Uke

i've been playing a lanikai tenor ukulele and it is my favorite uke in its price range. it was around $200 (i bought it in switzerland) and it is definitely the best sounding $200 uke i've played so far.

give it a try!

I like those ovation tenors sound pretty good in that price range...aldrine has a couple...has a pickup too

Top Bottom