Anyone have this hard case?

I have my Kala Soprano (KA-ASAC-S) in one. Nice case,IMHO. I bought mine from the same place for the same price,IIRC
R

Last edited:
Ron, did it have a strong chemical smell inside when you got it? Some cases do.

Nope, just gave it a test sniff to confirm. Since it's open........
R
r2tfvc.jpg

Last edited:
I am inclined to pick a three latch case over one with two latches.

I have a couple of those Musicians Friend cases and they are quite nice. Good value.

The latches on the Musician's Friend case I received were different from those pictured in the link. The latches on mine were the loop type where you put the loop over the lid portion of the latch before snapping the clasp down. I was happy for that because they are much more secure than the ones where the clasp just snaps down.

I just got a soprano size for my Kamaka. Amazing value...I'd buy another in a heartbeat....still need a concert size. 3 Latches nice, but for smaller ukes, may be overkill.

Well, I finally ordered one up! It should be here next Friday! Just in time for a business trip I have to take to South Carolina and with this beauty I can take my uke with me! In the back of my mind I kept thinking if I don't get a case and take the uke with me I will end up buying a cheapy uke at GC when I get down there. Anyone else fly with their uke? Anything in particular I should know?

No, I wasn't going to check it. I've done a little reading and I don't think it will be a problem to carry it on. Suggestions I found were if there is no overhead compartment to put it in to nicely ask a stewardess if it can be put into the crew closet. It's only a week long trip, but I am still in that romance stage with my uke and I play it every evening, sometimes all evening. I can't see being without it on the trip. Evenings are boring and this would keep me entertained all evening long. Not to mention the solitude will give me private time to try out singing, I am horrible right now. In a weeks time I should be playing a new song with that much time!

I got my new case yesterday and WOW! What a beauty! Exactly what I was looking for. I need to take a pic and post it. For 32.99, free shipping. Just in time for my trip. Looks like I will be getting hours of practice everyday next week. Better than watching tv all night in the hotel room.

The latches on the Musician's Friend case I received were different from those pictured in the link. The latches on mine were the loop type where you put the loop over the lid portion of the latch before snapping the clasp down. I was happy for that because they are much more secure than the ones where the clasp just snaps down.
I bought one last weekend just like it at a Mom & Pop music store. If anyone is worried about your case coming open, get a dog collar and put around the small part of the case. Also looks cool. Gives it a custom look.

Top Bottom