Season 102 is here!

This is not kosher. It uses mouth trumpet instead of forgotten words,
and has been dipped in Maple Syrup to slow it down, and bad diction
hides a multitude of sins... and a long beard hides a multitude of chins.
She really gave you the blues, man. I actually remember John Denver doing this on TV years ago. Your version is MUCH better. You actually make this song sound like it's an old time blues standard. It must be the maple syrup.....

wow - really loving this theme and all the great songs everyone is bringing

here is my vid - "got my mojo working"

it's been done by a gazillion fabulous people

it was the etta james version that really blew me away and made me wanna play it for this season

wow - really loving this theme and all the great songs everyone is bringing

here is my vid - "got my mojo working"

it's been done by a gazillion fabulous people

it was the etta james version that really blew me away and made me wanna play it for this season

Not only is it working but it's working hard. Way to keep up the strumming through that song, Lynda. I think I've only heard Muddy Waters' version so thank you for introducing me to this. Great job.

This sounds very familiar in sections but I am claiming it as an original.
Not trad blues but just 3 chords and I've added a harmonica track.
I call it "Contented Blues". A hammock lying or river bank fishing song (although I have done both at the same time).

I will now go looking for 4 more trad blues songs. Nothing came to my head this afternoon.

This is really beautiful. I hear familiarity too. Is it Elvis.... I hear the words "I don't care who's right or wrong blah blah blah blah tomorrow?? Whatever~ its yours now Pa and I loved it!

Thanks for the kind words Fred , very much appreciated :) and while im here, here is song 4 ( im listening to some Muddy Waters as I type this.

You're feelin' it now, Davey. I assume we're not talking about shaking a piggy bank here? Well done, sir.

Many many thanks Fred for what is going to be a magnificent week i am so looking forward to all the entries, here is my fifth and final entry. And thanks not just for hosting but also for the very lovely comments Fred :)

Last edited:
Thanks for the week Fred. Sincere apologies for the bad sound but this old camera thingy is all I have these days. A song from 1936 by Clarence Bill Wheldon.

Many many thanks Fred for what is going to be a magnificent week i am so looking forward to all the entries, here is my fifth and final entry. And thanks not just for hosting but also for the very lovely comments Fred :)

5 excellent songs, Davey! If you've only heard Elvis' version I recommend googling Arthur Crudup. He wrote and performed the song originally in the mid forties, I think. Thanks for posting all of these, mate.

Thanks for the week Fred. Sincere apologies for the bad sound but this old camera thingy is all I have these days. A song from 1936 by Clarence Bill Wheldon.
I know you're feelin' this one. Love the instrumental in the middle. I had not heard this one before. Thank you so much for posting this.

5 excellent songs, Davey! If you've only heard Elvis' version I recommend googling Arthur Crudup. He wrote and performed the song originally in the mid forties, I think. Thanks for posting all of these, mate.

Many thanks Fred, Yeah I was aware Arthur Crudup wrote it , but have to be honest and not heard it i am going to google it right now :) Thanks for your very kind words, here's to a fab week, best regards Dave :)

Thanks, Fred.

I've just finished the lyric to an original for this week. :) Will probably record on Wednesday.

Great thing about colds is that they even make you sound more bluesy. How can you not love Robert Johnson? Great job with the playing and vocals. You might want to consider not getting better until you've recorded the rest of the songs......

This is really beautiful. I hear familiarity too. Is it Elvis.... I hear the words "I don't care who's right or wrong blah blah blah blah tomorrow?? Whatever~ its yours now Pa and I loved it!
Thank you.
I hear - take the ribbon from your hair (I think from the same song as you mention) - but just in that one phrase. Any similarities weren't intended but I guess that's what George Harrison said too.

Top Bottom