Season 102 is here!

frisbee fred

Reaction score

The bluer the better! Just the blues. It doesn't matter what kind of blues. If you have a question as to whether or not a song you want to do fits this theme just go ahead and do it without asking. I'm not turning anyone down. I want to hear about relationships gone bad, things that drive you crazy, being desperate, etc. Everyone gets 5 entries. No bonuses. The real Vermont maple syrup was a hit last time so I'll give a way a few of those again. My family is ready to help me with judging. Plus, I'm going to do at least one and possibly more drawings at random so everyone has a chance.

Not mentioned in the video is that multi-tracking and duplicates are welcome. Don't post the first video until 12:01am Hawaiian time. The Season will run until next Sunday night at midnight Hawaiian time. Until the Season starts, though, keep posting for Myrna in Season 101!

It's Friday and I've just removed the 5 entry restriction. Can't have too many rules when you are doing the Blues!

PLAYLIST

Last edited:
Youtube is being difficult. Let me know if you have trouble seeing the video. It does not appear at the moment to have a thumbnail even though I have picked one about 5 times.

Great theme Fred. Cant wait to see what everybody brings:)

Throw it to me... Throw it to me....It's surely not too cold for frisbee.
How long were you out in those clothes?

I hope to hear some slide bari from you Andrew.

Nice one Fred , this Season kinda gives me a kick up the backside .......I've never attempted any blues stuff yet since getting the uke even though I love da blues.......can't explain why ???

Looking forward to giving it a bash though !! .........Btw Is it an omen that I've got the two Blues Brothers directly above my post eeeeeeeeeeek ???? Lol

Last edited:
Throw it to me... Throw it to me....It's surely not too cold for frisbee.
How long were you out in those clothes?

I hope to hear some slide bari from you Andrew.

You're a blues Wizz yourself, Pa. I'm looking forward to some great entries from you.

This sounds very familiar in sections but I am claiming it as an original.
Not trad blues but just 3 chords and I've added a harmonica track.
I call it "Contented Blues". A hammock lying or river bank fishing song (although I have done both at the same time).

I will now go looking for 4 more trad blues songs. Nothing came to my head this afternoon.

This sounds very familiar in sections but I am claiming it as an original.
Not trad blues but just 3 chords and I've added a harmonica track.
I call it "Contented Blues". A hammock lying or river bank fishing song (although I have done both at the same time).
I will now go looking for 4 more trad blues songs. Nothing came to my head this afternoon.

Oh man, what a great start to the Season. Makes me think of a bluesy summer day while I'm doing my best not to do all the things I have to do.......

This is a quickly written original for this bluesy season, because you know Fred, I've got the Maple Syrup Blues ;).

I would have never guessed that you wrote that so quickly! Bonus points for writing a song about the prize. Extra bonus points for gratuitous pictures of the host. That was great, Wim :smileybounce:

Right ,I'll just leave this with you and scoot off to listen to Wim's song....Pabrizzer kicked off to a grand start already as noted by mine host....

Sorry...this is a bit long ....must do shorter....
CeeJay

Right ,I'll just leave this with you and scoot off to listen to Wim's song....Pabrizzer kicked off to a grand start already as noted by mine host....

Sorry...this is a bit long ....must do shorter....
CeeJay
No such thing as a blues song that is too long. Especially when it is done this well, CeeJay. The harp is a great background and your uke playing is excellent. Thanks so much.

Wow great theme Fred Loving it and I have already recorded my 5 songs :) will try my hardest to only upload one a day. Anyway great theme Sir, really looking forward to what everyone brings to the table this week.
well here is my first entry.

For the 102nd Season, I did "Cold Water" by Tom Waits on my favorite tenor electric uke. Flubbed the first solo because my tube screamer wasn't close enough to stomp. Considered a second take, but soon realized I can barely speak. Before hitting record, I are a box of rusty nails and washed it down with a glass. (A glass of what? No, just a broken glass.) Then, I chain-smoked a box of Lucky Strikes. However, I still couldn't get enough gravel in my throat to sound like Tom Waits.

Great theme for the 102nd Season, Frisby Fred!
Cheers, Seasonistas!

Last edited:
Naughty Sweetie Blues Approximately

This is not kosher. It uses mouth trumpet instead of forgotten words,
and has been dipped in Maple Syrup to slow it down, and bad diction
hides a multitude of sins... and a long beard hides a multitude of chins.

Wow great theme Fred Loving it and I have already recorded my 5 songs :) will try my hardest to only upload one a day. Anyway great theme Sir, really looking forward to what everyone brings to the table this week.
well here is my first entry.
Lovin' me some Carl Perkins. Great job, Davey. If you've already recorded the other four then let's see 'em! No need to wait. It's Sunday and I love your blues, man.

For the 102nd Season, I did "Cold Water" by Tom Waits on my favorite tenor electric uke. Flubbed the first solo because my tube screamer wasn't close enough to stomp. Considered a second take, but soon realized I can barely speak. Before hitting record, I are a box of rusty nails and washed it down with a glass. (A glass of what? No, just a broken glass.) Then, I chain-smoked a box of Lucky Strikes. However, I still couldn't get enough gravel in my throat to sound like Tom Waits.

Great theme for the 102nd Season, Frisby Fred!
Cheers, Seasonistas!
Few feel the blues like Waits. You covered this really well. The solos came out great. I'm blown away by that uke that you built. Wow.

Top Bottom