My new signature.

KohanMike

Los Angeles, Beverly Grove West
UU VIP
Reaction score
Just thought I would run this by everyone. I changed my signature to include photos of each uke. Originally I just used text because I didn't want to take up much space, there are a few people who put the biggest image they can find of their ukes and it's a pain to scroll and scroll to get past them, but at the same time, I like the idea of seeing some of the ukes that people list in their signature, so I'm trying this style with the images as small as I can make them and still be discernible.

Last edited:
To be honest, I have the same feeling you did about not wanting to have to do lots of scrolling past people's spacious signatures. I only listed my ukes in my signature for a little while [people who know me can insert their own UAS jokes here], but I think if I wanted to give people a chance to choose to see photos of my ukes if they wanted to, I'd create a public album in my profile, put photos of my ukes in that album, and put a link to that album in my signature, perhaps with text that says something like, "you can see my ukes here." However, your ukes are very nice. Just my two cents.

I've considered blocking as an option for the huge picture signatures. And when one of you posts multiple times in a thread all you see are repeated huge images/signatures. :(

I post mine in text because it has started conversations with people who enjoy some of the same ukes / builders and it's nice knowing who else has ukes from some builders, esp when you might be considering a custom from one of them.

Last edited:
Looks good, but to be fair, you were the only one I seen with a huge picture of their uke in their sig haha. No worries though, I like the new one.

I'd create a public album in my profile, put photos of my ukes in that album, and put a link to that album in my signature, perhaps with text that says something like, "you can see my ukes here."
This sounds like a good compromise to me. But when people post photo-signatures, I just get to work on my speed-scrolling. (I don't block others because I never know when someone might say something helpful/insightful/entertaining/etc. — and I like to think that we're all evolving creatures, potentially.)

"... I've considered blocking as an option for the huge picture signatures. And when one of you posts multiple times in a thread all you see are repeated huge images/signatures."

I'm thinking I'll use the signature the first time I reply in a thread, then not use my signature in any of my replies in the rest of that thread. I did that here. Easy enough with the signature check box in the reply box.

Last edited:
I'm one who likes a small signature block, without photos of ukes or various personal images.
In my opinion, if your sig block is bigger than your post block, you're sending the wrong message.

Definitely have a link to a photo array in your signature, so anyone who is interested can look at your ukes.

I recall a thread on a guitar forum some years back about a guy who had details about his guitar collection, including photographs, in his signature and one day, he came home to no guitars. Nothing else in the house was missing; only the guitars.

One can speculate both sides of the causation question, but I would rather not create my own unacceptable risk. I feel fine posting pictures of new instruments because they rather quickly become buried under all the daily new photos. But, I have no interest in providing an ongoing graphic shopping list for the very real bad people who troll interest forums looking for untoward opportunities.

It looks great. I really dislike long sigs, like that one from the guy that plays a konablaster bari, but this is all right lengthwise.

Last edited:
FYI if you don't want to have to view signatures, you can choose not to under your forum preferences. Under your account's general settings:thread display options uncheck the box for showing signatures. That way you can ignore them without having to scroll past them.

FYI if you don't want to have to view signatures, you can choose not to under your forum preferences. Under your account's general settings:thread display options uncheck the box for showing signatures. That way you can ignore them without having to scroll past them.

Thanks for this tip.
To the op: it looked great when I last saw it.

thanks for the info..I will do it right now!!

Thanks Staci...works great...

Last edited:

I had no idea. This is awesome - thanks!

As for displaying ukes in one's sig - I'm not a fan. I can see where it's helpful in knowing who owns what type of uke, which can be useful in discussions when considering what to buy, but - personally I'd rather address that in a dedicated forum post.

I like seeing what everyone else has in their collection, or even the style versus the actual brands - concert, electric tenor etc.

I'm a old online gamer. Mech pilot mostly in MW3, MW4 and now MWO. Many forums have a signature size limitation some very strict as I've had 3 or 5 pixel violations raised against me. The Spore forums were a rough place to be. lol

Maybe look at some gamer sigs to get an idea how to creatively use a limited space. I'm going to link to a few of my self made sigs over the years. I'm a fan of movement and animation.

My current MWO sig. I wanted a heart beating breathing feeling to it, it was a quickie and could be timed a bit differently but it works.

dertomsiggy.gif

My current motorcycle forum sig. It's the bikes name, should be self explanatory.

bitchy.gif

Old Spore sigs

qz5b.jpg

Somebody upped the game and sigs became 3Dish... I did my best to keep up with the effect and still use it today as seen in the bike sig.

vcyj.gif

Spore forums... They were bored apparently and I'm a smart ass so without breaking any rules.

Whoops 4 picture limit on this forum. Click the link to see my answer to the last sig being maybe 7 pixels over the rules in height.

http://imageshack.com/a/img43/6189/mdpw.gif

Any questions shoot I'll help if I can. I'm not offering to start making sigs just to get that out of the way.

Peace
~Al

I like the small signatures so I hesitate to turn them all off but frankly yours is too big. That would make 2 posters with large photos and both are frequent posters.

Top Bottom