Concert strings on a soprano

unlucky07

Reaction score
I was wondering if there were any long term problems if I strung my soprano with concert strings. I understand that the tension might be different but what consequences will I face?

The guy at my Uke store told me I shouldn't have any problems doing that so my Pono is sporting Aquilla concerts and sounds great for it!!!!!

Lots of folks on another Uke forum (yes there are others But UU is the BEST!!!) seem to like concerts on their Sopranos.

Grats on the new strings. Yeah, as said already, lots of players use Concert strings on their Soprano ukuleles.

My Kala 15s has Concert Aquilas and it has held up fine. Waiting for the strings to settle took a VERY long time, but I have to say that the concerts give the K15s a nice zing. I haven't noted any signs of stress or weird buzzes.

I put tenor worth clears on my kamaka soprano. And I'd describe it as a different but not necessarily better sound. It has more roundness to the tone, but I'd say that it also makes the instrument sound more dull and hollow.

Top Bottom