FS Anakoneke concert AAA+ spalted koa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doc_J

Reaction score
*Sold * Anakoneke concert AAA+ spalted koa

For sale is a custom Anakoneke concert #11, with beautiful AAA+ spalted koa top, back and sides, Honduras mahogany neck, ziricote top and back bindings, Macassar ebony fretboard and bridge, Gabon ebony heel cap, and abalone shell rosette with faux tourtoise shell edging, Peghed 4:1 geared tuners, Paua shell top & side fret markers at 3, 5, 7, 10 and 12th frets, 16 frets with connection at 12th. Strung with medium Fremont Black lines. Hand-rubbed oil finish. Anakoneke inlay logo on headplate. Signed by the artist and builder Toni Maloon. Includes a hard black case.

• Hand-crafted in San Francisco, California
• Mahogany block dove-tail neck to body joint
• Tie bridge
• Scale length- 14.7”
• Fingerboard width at nut: 38 mm, ~1 ½”
• Fingerboard width at 12th fret: 48 mm, ~1 7/8”
• Corian saddle
• Bone nut
• Hand-rubbed oil finish

Sold.

This wonderful uke hasn’t been getting as much playing time in a while, so time to find a new home for it.
It is in excellent condition, no dings, dents, scratches, or strum markers. There are a few marker's marks.

The sound is well balanced with clear distinctive notes. Full, rich harmonics and resonance. You won't find a better sounding concert, IMO.
Here is a recent sound sample.
https://app.box.com/s/mq1d6qmplfvhoqhlmrx9

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:
Gee, I have never heard of this brand and he is local to me. Is he new to the uke world? Who carries these?

Good luck with your sale.

Gee, I have never heard of this brand and he is local to me. Is he new to the uke world? Who carries these?

Good luck with your sale.

She . :)

Right I went to her website and realized I have seen her at Mike DaSilva's shop in Berkeley.

Someone got a great deal on a great uke from a great seller!

Last edited:
Wow! That's a work of art!

I have a couple of tonis ukes...and love them......:) eugene uke says they are amzing too.. :) I do not know how much they were selling for but I just saw this now... wow beautiful
Mike taught Toni how Toni how ti build her first finished ukulele..

Last edited:
I have a couple of tonis ukes...and love them......:) eugene uke says they are amzing too.. :) I do not know how much they were selling for but I just saw this now... wow beautiful

She has two soprano's and a concert for sale on eBay that look like great values...

Hey Stan...

you mean Mike Chock at Hanalima right? when Toni was going to UH?

I love my Anakoneke and they will have to pry it from my cold, dead paws! Someone will be very happy to have the one in this thread!

Hi everyone!
Just for the record… I took the Hana Lima'ia class with Mike Chock in 2005 and learned how to build in the Spanish style (sides into the neck). Later I wanted to also learn how to build doing two separate units, the body and then the neck. And learned that from Mike DaSilva. There are pros and cons of both schools of thought but am exclusively building the way DaSilva does, building the body and then later adding the neck. ;)

Hi everyone!
Just for the record… I took the Hana Lima'ia class with Mike Chock in 2005 and learned how to build in the Spanish style (sides into the neck). Later I wanted to also learn how to build doing two separate units, the body and then the neck. And learned that from Mike DaSilva. There are pros and cons of both schools of thought but am exclusively building the way DaSilva does, building the body and then later adding the neck. ;)

Yeah I forgot to tell you hi from Mike Chock....I took his class about a year ago and I mentioned you....yes the Spanish heel is a good design but comes out kind of heavy....

does Mike D. use a bolt on neck too? like a lot of builders nowadays....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom