Uke in HIMYM

Kem

Reaction score
In case anyone is interested, there's a rather prominent ukulele in this Monday's episode of How I Met Your Mother, "How Your Mother Met Me." Its role is largely symbolic, but the Mother character plays it (not very well) at one point. Despite her problematic strumming skills, she comes out with a rather pretty version of a song whose title I won't reveal because it makes for a nice moment in a show that has been going rather rapidly downhill lately. This particular episode was a pleasant, if bittersweet, surprise, and hurrah for the central ukulele. (And no, I did not notice what brand it was.)

I'm trying not to read your post because I have that episode on the DVR (unwatched) and I hate spoilers!

OK, I couldn't help myself and I read it--thanks for showing restraint. I agree, the show has really gone downhill; I'm ready for it to be over.

I'm trying not to read your post because I have that episode on the DVR (unwatched) and I hate spoilers!

OK, I couldn't help myself and I read it--thanks for showing restraint. I agree, the show has really gone downhill; I'm ready for it to be over.

Yes, I was trying not to give away anything essential. Some spoilers were probably inevitable, but I really didn't reveal much. I expect last week's promo (which I didn't see) spoiled more. At any rate, happy viewing.

It was a really nice song! The uke is a Lanikai Lu-21 soprano. A cheap uke but a good sounding one :)

Top Bottom