Week Two from a Noob

Cohumulone

Reaction score
Well, here I am, 2 weeks into it. I’d say my biggest achievement this week was that my strings are now staying fairly in tune between playing sessions, haha. Even though I *knew* these gut strings took a while to settle in, I was still paranoid that I had gotten a bad uke.

Seriously though, I discovered the Seasons and for that I’m really excited. It has given me the opportunity to see other ukers on the UU and how they approach different songs and genres of music. It has opened me up quite a bit to playing different things. I got stuck on my guitar for many years playing songs from the same genre and it caused me to put my guitar down for entirely too long. This week has been especially fun for me, because it’s forced me to learn some odd chords that I was always too chicken or lazy to learn on guitar. Augments, suspends, diminished, yadda yadda.

Still having a blast, and I've even considered checking out some local events and open mics and what not. We'll see where the road goes.

Mike

Have you put a pin in the seasonista map?
http://tinyurl.com/qb7zk8z

You'll be ready to put up a vid for the seasons very soon, especially if you have guitar experience.

Hey I just did! I think I saw that when I joined the Seasonista group. Thanks for the reminder.

I did submit 2 videos last week, and 1 so far this week. We'll see how and if I improve. :)

Greetings and welcome. Glad you joined us.

Top Bottom