First Ukulele and Song learned

Enlight

Reaction score
Hey, i dunno if this has already been a topic before but i just thought it might be interesting to see what other peoples' first ukuleles were, as well as the first song they learned. Mine was a cheap black <$20 Mahalo ukulele which i ended up giving to a friend after i got a better one. First song I started learning was 'You Are The Light' by Jens Lekman, whom i'm assuming not many of you have heard of, but feel free to prove me wrong! anyway, i was just curious and would love to hear of other peoples' firsts :D

First ukulele: $50 Kala KA-15s (Currently my only ukulele right now) The first song I learned I believed was either I'm Yours or Break Up Song.

i learned I'm Your's a bit after when i found out it was a tutorial video on Iamhawaii by Aldrine XD it was really great, so i've pretty much known how to play the song over a year before it came out on the new mraz album (which was when everyone was like "OMG JASON MRAZ I LOVE HIM) and now its overplayed everywhere but i still like it (actually i only really listen to that less recent acoustic one he did). Anyway...

*I know that was completely off topic from my own thread but i just wanted to throw it out there*

somewhere over the rainbow. lanikai Lu-21T!!

whooooooooooo

Kala 15S

Amazing Grace and Silent Night combined to form Silent Grace (or Amazing Night)

Lanikai ck-teq....stir it up...bob

First uke by Mitsuba Gakki, Japan. It eventually fell apart, and I haven't got around to fixing it - probably won't.

First song committed to memory and sung in public, (very traumatic experience!) "Up A Lazy River".

Ukantor.

huh! :cool: i see these first ukuleles seem to be a hell of a lot better than my first was, and still better than my current one! aren't you lucky

First uke: Soprano from Hawaiian Ukulele Company at the Aloha Tower Marketplace. First song: "Tiny Bubbles."

My first ukulele was a cheapo $70 one from hawaii. Originally for decoration.. but ooohwell ;D I never finished it, but my first song was "while my guitar gently weeps" i surprisingly finished half or more of it on a decoration ukulele :)

Cheap toy concert ukulele......no woman no cry

Lanikai LU-21

Raindrops (Which I don't really remember how to play anymore)

First Uke Played on: Kamaka Soprano (in elementary school)
First Uke Owned: Tangi Mahogany Soprano
First Song Learned: Surf/Sunday Morning (thanks to Aldrine's iamhawaii lesson)

Top Bottom