What can you tell me about this Miami-Stadlmair Uke? Ukulele Hughes on front.

Neal

Reaction score
Looks like a salesman's sample, with " Miami My Choice Yours In Harmony, Ukulele Hughes" burned into the top. Needs a bridge, tuners. Opinions on restoration? Appears to have no cracks/splits
$_3.JPG

$_3.JPG

There is one on ebay right now.I looked at it because some Miami ukes where made by Weissenborne in L.A. in the 20's.A very collectable uke.This does not look like a Weissenborn though.The woodburning is kind of cool.

I've seen a number of them with the engraving. E.S. Hughes was one of the endorsers of the Miami line. Hughes was a radio star and ukulele instructor. I believe they were made by Turturro. The koa ones were made by Weissenborn. At least that is what I've read.

I've seen some pictures of these with one piece bridge and saddles and others with a darker wood bridge and what appears to be a bone saddle. In either case, it's a simple affair like Martin or Gibson bridges.

I've seen a number of them with the engraving. E.S. Hughes was one of the endorsers of the Miami line. Hughes was a radio star and ukulele instructor. I believe they were made by Turturro. The koa ones were made by Weissenborn. At least that is what I've read.

I've seen some pictures of these with one piece bridge and saddles and others with a darker wood bridge and what appears to be a bone saddle. In either case, it's a simple affair like Martin or Gibson bridges.

I didn't know that it was only the koa ukes that Weissenborn made.Is it the same "MIAMI" ?The few Weissenborn ukes I have seen did not have the Stadlmair stamp on the head.

As far as I know that is the case. I could have been misinformed, however. I don't believe I've ever seen a Weissenborn that wasn't koa.

Thanks for the input fellas.

Top Bottom