FS: Ko'olau Model 300 Concert, Redwood/Koa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Telperion

Reaction score
FS: Ko'olau Model 300 Concert, Redwood/Koa ($SOLD)

Greetings, Everyone. This listing is for a rare and beautiful concert sized ukulele from Ko'olau Guitar and Ukulele Company. This particular uke is a Model 300, with a premium grade redwood top and nicely figured koa back and sides. This one has some really nice features like:

-Rosewood headstock overlay and fretboard
-14 Frets to the body, 20 total
-Figured maple full body binding and heel plate
-Rope purfling -Marquetry backstrip
-Gloss nitrocellulose finish
-Abalone rosette
-Ebony pin bridge (Abalone inlay in pins)
-Fossil Mammoth Ivory (FMI) custom saddle (also includes original bone saddle)
-Gold Gotoh open geared tuners
-Savarez 140R strings
-Ko'olau branded hardshell case
-Will ship with an Oasis Uke Humidifer too!

Besides being stunningly gorgeous, this instrument simply sounds incredible. The redwood top and fossil ivory saddle combine to make one of the sweetest and purest sounding ukes I've heard. The FMI saddle was carved by myself, and has just slightly lower action than the original bone saddle (which is also included in the sale). The uke sounds great with either saddle, but I just preferred the more mellow tone with the FMI. The neck is very comfortable and fast, with a medium-thin profile. Original Ko'olau hardshell case included. I purchased this ukulele new from an authorized Ko'olau dealer just under one year ago (March 2013) and am the only owner. This particular model has since been replaced by Ko'olau's Premium line. The condition is quite excellent, with only the faintest of nail marks on the upper bout. A real gem, and a fantastic player. Would make an excellent addition to anyone's collection.

I'm selling this to help offset the cost of buying my recent Collings Tenor. My asking price is $SOLD. That price will include all PayPal fees and Priority Mail Insured shipping within the CONUS.

I will post additional photos tonight, including one with a UU Member / date sign for verification. Please know that I have sold many ukes on this forum with great success, and that I pride myself in making sure that an instrument arrives in your hands the same as it was when it left mine. I take very good care of my ukes, always properly humidified with an Oasis uke humidifier and stored in its case when not in use.

Thanks for looking and feel free to ask any questions you may have.

-Steve

Ko'olau-300-Top-2.jpgKo'olau-300-Back-2.jpgKoolau-300-Label.jpgKoolau-300-Back-2.jpg

Last edited:
Additional photos

Here are a few more photos, including the original packing slip that came with the uke. The second one (showing the uke flat on it's back) is a bit over exposed and the color is a bit orange. The true color is closest to the first photo in the original post.

Ko'olau-300-Pin-Bridge.jpgKo'olau-300-Side.jpgKo'olau 300 Concert.jpgKo'olau Insert.jpg

Here's another photo for UU verification. Also, I have received several inquiries today about my Moore Bettah. It is not currently for sale. Thanks.

-Steve

Ko'olau 300 UU Sign.jpg

Thanks for all the interest so far, but this Ko'olau Model 300 is still available and the price has now been lowered to $1500, inclusive of shipping (CONUS) and PayPal fees.

-Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom