For Sale/Trade: Collings UC1, Kiwaya KTC2, LoPrinzi model B sop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mattyukaholic

Reaction score
ALL SOLD

Thanks UU

I'm letting these ukes go because I'm saving for some Martins (my new obsession) vintage and new. These 3 are all great ukes but I have other models by the same makers and I need to whittle down a bit. I also have a custom Sailor Brand on the way I'm excited about.

Anyway all the details are below (sorry for the longs post). I'm asking for the following:

LoPrinzi Model B Cherry Soprano: £299 or $490 plus actual shipping.

Kiwaya KTC-2 concert: £399 or $650 plus actual shipping.

Collings UC1 concert: Possible trade:
Not worth selling to States as I paid so much in customs charges I'd make a crazy loss.
But will consider trading for vintage Martin (especially 1k, or 3 sopranos) or new Martin soprano (especially 3m.)

image.jpg

More photos to follow.

LoPrinzi Model B Soprano:

image.jpg

Almost as new. Very very feint signs of strumming. Beautiful LoPrinzi solid Cherry soprano ukulele. New ukulele made by master luthier Augusto LoPrinzi. The attention to detail is second to none, this is such a finally crafted ukulele, it plays like butter. The Cherry has a really nice clear tone with great projection. Fast lean neck. Beautiful bindings and appointments. Bought new these are $660 dollars (plus postage and import fees). I'm including a nice tweed hard case too.

Details:

Crafted in the USA in the shop of respected luthier Augustino LoPrinzi. Satin Varnish finish. All solid Cherry, multiple black and white purfling with black binding on top and back, rosewood fingerboard, Mother-of-pearl dot position markers. 19 frets.

Kiwaya KTC2:

image.jpg

Last chance to buy this beautiful instrument. The price will not go lower and I will not accept lower offers. Very low starting bid!

Beautiful solid mahogany Kiwaya KTC2 concert ukulele. This is as close to a vintage Martin as it gets. Meticulous craftsmanship make this a joy to play. The attention to detail is incredible. The neck plays like butter.

These are £630 new from the Southern Ukulele Store and I'm also including a deluxe hard case worth £75.

This is Japanese precision at it's finest. Based on a classic Martin mahogany concert, the KTC-2 is the quintessential concert feel and sound. It does however have a few distinct features.

One feature many prefer is the 14 frets to body. Sometimes those two extra frets can make things a lot easier. Another feature most do not know is a slightly longer scale length. Kiwaya has lengthened their concert scale length on the 14 fret to put the bridge in the sweet zone. The result is a bigger body and warmer tone.

It has a simple beauty and displays the meticulous quality only master craftsman can create. It is light in weight and the neck is slim and very comfortable. The Gotoh deluxe keys allow for a strong hold and a smooth adjustment.

Specs
Concert Size
Solid Mahogany Top, Back & Sides
Mahogany Neck
Rosewood Fretboard
Gotoh Deluxe Friction Pegs

Almost as new. Only played a few weeks. Bought in December.

Collings UC1:

image.jpg

This is one incredible ukulele and then some. Radiused fretboard, pegheads tuners 4:1 ratio, meticulous craftsmanship, Collings standards.

New in November 2013 from the States. Shows hardly any signs of use apart from some light strumming gloss on the upper bout. Including import charges to the UK this ukulele was £1250. You just can't get them over here.

It comes in the most beautiful bespoke cushioned case I have ever seen. Handmade for Collings. As with everything that comes out of the Colling shop, lots of homework and research have gone into their line of ukuleles. This particular model, the Collings UC1, is built with an all-mahogany body and produces a tone that is clearly defined and extremely resonant. On the first strum, it's clear this is a serious, professional level ukulele. Mahogany brings crispness and focus to each note.

Specifications:
Top: Mahogany
Back and Sides: Mahogany
Scale: 15"
Nut Width: 1 3/8"
Neck Material: Mahogany
Fretboard: Rosewood
Bridge: Rosewood
Headstock Shape: Solid Single Point
Headstock Overlay: Rosewood
Headstock Inlay: Ivoroid Logo
Tuners: Geared Tuning Pegs
Inlays: Dots
Rosette: Ivoroid Combo
Nut Material: Bone
Saddle Material: Bone
Body Depth: 2 13/16"
Lower Bout Width: 7 1/2"
Case: Hardshell Case Included
Factory Strings: Aquila Nylgut (.062 mm - 0.67 mm)

Thanks,
Matt

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom