A few snipits from NAMM 2014

Ukulele Eddie

Reaction score
I was just informed that the video was private. Stoopid settings. ;-) It's fixed now and should be accessible.

Thanks, Eddie! Enjoyed seeing the various performers. I think you did a great job of capturing the sound in what has to be a very noisy environment.

I was a little taken aback by the life-sized pictures of half-naked women behind Mitch Chang, I presume they were part of the Blackbird booth? I guess sexism is alive and well in the uke biz. It's sad they have to stoop to that level to draw attention to their product.

Thanks Eddie - I'm surprised that you got such good sound considering what a cacophony that environment was!

I presume they were part of the Blackbird booth? I guess sexism is alive and well in the uke biz. It's sad they have to stoop to that level to draw attention to their product.

Yep, that was Blackbird. I had been curious about the Clara uke so they were one of the first vendors I visited at NAMM, but I found that display so off-putting that I really didn't give the uke a fair try. I'm guessing I'm not their target demographic!

All I can say is I've had the pleasure of meeting both Joe Luttwak (CEO) and his wife and they seem like lovely people. I'm sure it was not their intention to offend anyone. There is nothing like that on their web site and so hopefully you'll not let this dissuade you from appreciating their groundbreaking work in renewable, durable materials.

If I only I had zoomed in more on Mitch, but subliminally I may have been more attracted to the posters than to him, his excellent playing notwithstanding. ;-)

...hopefully you'll not let this dissuade you from appreciating their groundbreaking work in renewable, durable materials.

If I only I had zoomed in more on Mitch, but subliminally I may have been more attracted to the posters than to him, his excellent playing notwithstanding. ;-)

LOL! There's a lot that I like about the ukes, so I wouldn't let that dissuade me if I ever was considering buying one. But I felt as if I had crashed the secret man-cave or something when I was checking out the Clara at NAMM - I just had to get out of there :)

What song is Adrien Janiak playing in the third clip?

Top Bottom