Fluke Friction Tuning Pegs

hent

Reaction score
Hello. I have a fluke ukulele that I want to replace the friction tuning pegs. What are good replacement pegs that I can use without doing any modifications to it. Replacement pegs should not be too expensive. And how easy is it to replace the pegs. Thank you.

Last edited:
They are smoother and don't stick so bad when tuning. The stock tuners have a finishing washer that digs into the headstock and mars it, which was why I swapped them out.

The down side of the Govers...they are little heavier than the stock, but like most things like that, after awhile I don't really notice it, especially since I use a Uke Leash on my Flea.

Last edited:
I like my stock tuners...they just need some getting used to and of course proper tightening. One of my newest needed loosened ever so gently to make it tune smoother.

A lady in my uke group has a flea from years ago, like in the 90's. her tuners do not seem to work. I am going to share this with her.

Hello All. Thanks for all the input and suggestions. I called the company as per Jim's suggestion and I talked to a lady named Phyllis. I inquired if they sell the tuning pegs for the fluke and without hesitation she told me that she'll ship me one for free. I said wow what an excellent customer service and company. Thanks again FMM and to all.

They are smoother and don't stick so bad when tuning. The stock tuners have a finishing washer that digs into the headstock and mars it, which was why I swapped them out.

Sounds like a good reason to swap out the tuners. I don't mind the stock tuners myself, though.

I broke a tuner on my Flea going through security on a trip last summer. They shipped me one promptly and for free. They run a great business. So far, no complaints about the friction tuners. I have 2 other ukes with friction tuners. No big deal.

That is awesome. Unheard of personal customer service especially in today's call-tree world.

Hello All. Thanks for all the input and suggestions. I called the company as per Jim's suggestion and I talked to a lady named Phyllis. I inquired if they sell the tuning pegs for the fluke and without hesitation she told me that she'll ship me one for free. I said wow what an excellent customer service and company. Thanks again FMM and to all.

Top Bottom