NUD!! KCM-00 Quite possibly the best wife ever

niwenomian

Reaction score
Me: I can't believe that the very ukulele that is my heart's desire popped up on Craigslist in the town where I work.

Her: Oh?

Me: ahem, not that I'm in the market or anything... it's just...it's the same one that I was planning to get in a few years, a Koaloha concert.

Her: Really?

Me: yep, and you know how the price of koa keeps going up....

Her: You should get it.

Me: Really?

Her: Yes it makes sense.

And if that weren't enough, she signed off on a trip to Reno for the ukefest that same night.

Either she bought a big piece of jewelry that I don't know about yet, or I am a seriously lucky guy to have her.

The details

The build date is March 2012, it has had very light use and was strung low G with the stock factory strings. Looks like perfect condition. I put on a set of high g Worth Clears, which sound good, but it will take some time to understand how the instrument should sound and what strings make it sound best.

It has the Koaloha inscription/carving on the bridge. Do all concerts have this? All Koalohas period?

I also included a picture of my new Koaloha next to my Kamaka soprano. I tried to upload a picture of it once before and couldn't. Picture quality isn't good, sorry. Bad glare from the fluorescent lights, but you can still see what a nicely figured grain it has.

So, if I don't post much in the next few days its because I'm playing (and lavishing my wife with much deserved affection).

Nick

image2.jpgimage3.jpgimage5.jpgimage6.jpg

I am very relieved...I thought from the title that you'd married your uke and that's illegal in most states...

John

Wow, congratulations! Wine her, dine her....treat her like a queen....(your wife too LOL)

Congratulations, Nick! I think the Concert KoAloha is one of the best ukuleles ever, and yours is beautiful, very well marked. Have fun and take good care of it:drool: (You have a wonderful wife, and I suspect she feels the same way about you).

you're a lucky man!

Yeah, what everybody else has said. Beautiful 'uke & understanding wife. Life is good.

About strings - I've found that Worth CLs are best on mine. With such a light build the CMs sound dull.

Beautiful uke! I just got a KCM-00 and just love it awesome clarity and unbelievable sustain.

Congratulations! I love my KoAloha concert too. Your wife sounds like a real keeper.

Wow, congratulations on both......the wife (make sure she gets equal time), and the uke .....one of the "tone monsters." Glad you got your dream concert early. That's some pretty Koa.

OldePhart made me laugh out loud! I guess I am guilty of poly-uke-amy. Not sure if I'm in a State where that's legal or not. Don't ask, Don't tell seems the appropriate policy.

PereBourik, thanks for the string tips. I will add that to my list of strings to try out. Next up are Fremont Blacklines.

Thanks everyone else for the New Uke well-wishing.

Nick

Heheheee congratulations on your new uke & understanding wife. Just don't be surprised if she has something in mind for herself...

I'm speaking as a wife who just the other night said to my husband; "I totally understand. You bought the right boat at the time, now you want to upgrade to something more satisfying. I completely agree that buying a bigger, better boat is the next step." Which is true, I do believe that.

HMS have a really nice Honu Concert Kanile'a I have fallen in love with (- it's only $2k - plus exchange rate, shipping, customs excise). And I desperately need a new pair of custom figure skates (and that's at least $1.5K, once you factor in new blades etc as well).

Now, if only we had unlimited funds...

Congrats! One of the very best concerts money can buy!

Yes, koalohas have the name carved on the bridge.

She is a keeper man ! Also the uke is a keeper :)

We should change partners some time...
After trying different strings I ended up with Worth Browns on my KCM-00. Added some nice warmth to this great instrument.
Bought mine in 2011 and also has Koaloha marked in the bridge.
Have fun!
Grtz from the Netherlands.
Sinus

Top Bottom