PDA

View Full Version : FS: Custom Palm Tree Mango Concert with Tenor Neck

Littlegman
01-31-2014, 01:00 PM
For your consideration, a custom ukulele I commissioned from John Ramsey of Palm Tree Ukuleles in Colorado. Note that it is a pineapple concert size in beautifully figured mango wood, with a 16" scale tenor neck! Condition: immaculate; no dings/dents/scratches. The absolute finishing touch is the gorgeous, pineapple-shaped hard shell case! Date of completion: March, 2012. Currently strung with Living Water. Reason for selling: am downsizing to soprano and will likely get another Palm Tree in soprano! Originally paid $1100. Will sell for $850.00 via Paypal, shipping costs split with buyer (US only).

Specs:

Palm Tree Ukulele: Pineapple Shape, Concert Body with Tenor Scale Neck
Date of completion: 3/2012
Initial Cost: $1100
Size: concert
Scale: 16 tenor
Style: pineapple
Soundboard: mango
Sides: mango
Back: mango (moderately bowled)
Binding: faux tortoiseshell
Rosette: none
Sound hole lining: faux tortoiseshell
End graft: koa
Neck: mahogany
Heel: faux tortoiseshell (recessed)
Fret board: zircote (radiused!)
Nut/saddle: bone
Bridge: zircote (pin style)
Bridge pins: snake wood
Head plate: mango (laminate)
Tuners: Pegheds
Other: no headstock logo
Case: hard shell (made in Canada)

Extras: ebony pins, another bridge, and new string sets: Ko'olau Gold, Aquila and Worth Clear

Dulcilo
01-31-2014, 01:02 PM
Pics? Sound clip? I am in the market for a concert in this price range.

Littlegman
01-31-2014, 01:41 PM
Hello! This thread is a replication of a previous one with an identical title. That one has the photos. I was trying to load additional photos and goofed by starting another one! My apologies.

Littlegman
01-31-2014, 02:26 PM
Please see my previous thread for the first five photos. Here are some additional pictures:

morris3640
06-19-2014, 06:49 PM
Perhaps we can start a palm tree thread. I bought one too. You can see it on the palm tree site (#104). Great Uke. I think it is heirloom quality. I hear they are making eight new ones which will be available around sep /August timeframe