Intro, links and ends

newukersussex

Reaction score
When a song is posted with something like: Suggested End: [G] [G] [D] [D] [A] [A] [D], does that mean one beat on each chord or one bar/measure of each chord? I feel I ought to be able to work this our but as a newbie it is eluding me at the moment.

Also when an intro is written as say [E7]//... I assume it is telling me two beats of E7, or is it saying 2 bars?

Sorry if this is so elementary, but a little guidance would really be appreciated to help me progress.

I would say listen to a recording of the original and see how the intro and outro are played.

Paul

This is a guess, but this would appear to be one beat per chord, with your E7 followed by a two beat rest.

YMMV...

I have always interpreted it as one strum for each chord and a slash (/) means to repeat that. So [E]/// means four strums of the E chord.

I have always interpreted it as one strum for each chord and a slash (/) means to repeat that. So [E]/// means four strums of the E chord.

I understand but he listed the progression as:

"[G] [G] [D] [D] [A] [A] [D]"

If a "/" meant a repeat, that would have been "[G]/ [D]/ [A]/ [D] , yes? I have also seen the slash or / used as a rest in other kinds of music, but to be fair I'm not sure this applies to ukes.

Not sure what the slashes are, but the chord name above the music simply denotes the change. It's up to the player to strum or pick within that chord. So if you get G and then 4 measures later you're at C, you get a whole 4 measures to play within that G chord however you want (tastefully and fitting with the song of course).

Top Bottom