PDA

View Full Version : Clip-on tuner: $3 shipped!

pootsie
02-03-2014, 04:04 AM
Reverb.com still has its $3 tuner promotion going:

https://reverb.com/item/45234-reverb-clip-on-tuner-limit-1

Obviously this is a loss-leader to get your email and info into the Reverb.com system and hook you into buying more gear. But who cares?
:spam:A clip-on for $3 shipping included (U.S. only), worth being spammed for a bit:spam:

The feedback I saw about it was mixed (as always) but mostly quite positive. Can you go wrong for $3?

stevenyoo
02-03-2014, 05:16 AM
Nice, free shipping to Hawaii too!

Could always use a backup tuner

eqt2010
02-03-2014, 05:23 AM
Great deal! Just ordered 1.
Thanks for sharing

itsme
02-03-2014, 05:28 AM
Nice find! Thanks. Did some checking and they seem legit.

I need another tuner like I need another uke. Oh wait, I have more ukes than tuners, so why not? :)

Only 9 left, was 21 when I first clicked. Better hurry!

pootsie
02-03-2014, 05:41 AM
Nice find! Thanks. Did some checking and they seem legit.

I need another tuner like I need another uke. Oh wait, I have more ukes than tuners, so why not? :)

Only 9 left, was 21 when I first clicked. Better hurry!

I saw this go past and run out before. It says somewhere that they ship in batches. I am sure it will come around again.

bnolsen
02-03-2014, 05:49 AM
I was hoping to do paypal so I clicked "other" on payment type and I thing I screwed everything up. What a shame with these websites not providing clear information on what options are.

bnolsen
02-03-2014, 06:04 AM
I was hoping to do paypal so I clicked "other" on payment type and I thing I screwed everything up. What a shame with these websites not providing clear information on what options are.

Okay as simple as relogging back into the site, hitting notifications and doing "pay now". Strange.

mds725
02-03-2014, 06:21 AM
According to the website, the listing is now (9:20 a.m. Pacific Standard Time) sold out.

Dan Uke
02-03-2014, 06:39 AM
According to the website, the listing is now (9:20 a.m. Pacific Standard Time) sold out.

That's good as I have more tuners than ukes. I bought 4 D'addario NS Micro Tuners for $5.50 last time from Musicians Friend.

kmac66
02-03-2014, 06:57 AM
Decided to get this instead of coffee this morning. Great deal.... zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

haole
02-03-2014, 07:38 AM

Made it just in time with my spam email address!

itsme
02-03-2014, 07:43 AM
I saw this go past and run out before. It says somewhere that they ship in batches. I am sure it will come around again.
You're right... now it says 987 in stock. :p

hent
02-03-2014, 08:47 PM
Thanks just ordered one. Wish I can get another one. :)

Skinny Money McGee
02-04-2014, 01:46 AM
You guys are pretty brave giving this website your CC info. 3 bucks ain't worth getting hacked

hent
02-04-2014, 03:51 AM
You guys are pretty brave giving this website your CC info. 3 bucks ain't worth getting hacked
I always use pre-paid MC or Visa when PayPal is not available.

moetrout
02-08-2014, 01:54 PM
I have one on the way too. I had an issue with getting my order through and they were great to work with and got my order through. Look forward to seeing how accurate it is.

hent
02-11-2014, 04:02 AM
I just checked my tracking and it should have been here yesterday. But nothing came in and shows it's still in transit. So maybe today..

pootsie
02-11-2014, 04:35 AM
Mine arrived a little later than the initial tracking projection. It came nicely packaged and in good shape. I have not tested it out yet.

I also got my first "hey, welcome to reverb let us sell you more stuff" email. :-)

Doug W
02-11-2014, 04:36 AM
With 4 acoustic instrument players in the house, we seem to lose tuners like guitar picks so I ordered one. Thanks for the link.

haole
02-11-2014, 06:17 AM
Got mine yesterday. Works fine!

gitarzan
02-11-2014, 07:08 AM
Probably the worst tuner I have ever had, including a broken pitch pipe.

It took me about 15 minutes before it was tossed into the trash.

It missed notes, Low E just didn't register. Other notes was blank until after it was sharp.

Icelander53
02-11-2014, 03:17 PM
I've seen that with snarks

bnolsen
02-11-2014, 11:29 PM
Probably the worst tuner I have ever had, including a broken pitch pipe.

It took me about 15 minutes before it was tossed into the trash.

It missed notes, Low E just didn't register. Other notes was blank until after it was sharp.

mine isnt that bad. its similar to a anther cheap chinese one i have. when i fired it up my daughter was playing piano. i had to leave the room. Pitch sensitivity seems pretty good. A string 12th fret didn't register. This is a single button tuner you have to press and hold to turn on and off. pressing normally changes the instrument mode (indicated by the letter at display bottom) which may have screwed up your reads. Instructions don't cover this button operation.

so this is an at home or spare tuner you might keep on a not often played ukulele. funny enough my most used tuner is a mechanical switch led based cherub tuner i got for about the same price. ukulele reentrant c or d only but it seems to do the best job in noisy environments (someone playing piano, etc). The snarks are broken out when i need to do some debugging or restringing.

justinlcecil
02-12-2014, 03:20 PM
I got mine the other day. Not too bad. Clipped it on the old banjo uke I keep around me at all times =) Not sure about the issues you all are having, or if it would even make a difference but, have you switched it to the U setting (ukulele)?

itsme
02-12-2014, 03:55 PM
Just got mine. Not sure if it's as accurate as a Snark, but it works and is more than acceptable for the price. :)

Icelander53
02-12-2014, 04:05 PM
I got mine yesterday. It works very well and compared with my snark it's spot on. Nice deal.

pootsie
02-13-2014, 03:25 AM
Finally got around to trying mine last night. Works just fine as far as I can tell. Said exactly the same thing as my Snark on each string

For those with issues of shipping or failure, I am willing to bet an email to Reverb would get a working one to you shortly.

Colonel Uke
02-13-2014, 04:14 AM
Back around black friday they had these for $1 each with free shipping. Their online system wouldn't let you change the quantity, but I emailed them and they called me right back and put through my order for 5 with no problem. I received them about 3 days later. I kept 2 and used the others at our Uke club to encourage people to record and post uke videos on our Facebook page. They work fine and Reverb was great to deal with.

moetrout
02-13-2014, 05:09 AM
Mine was delivered to my home yesterday, but I am currently on a business trip in South Carolina where a huge snow storm just hit. IF I make it home tonight I will get to finally give it a try.

hent
02-13-2014, 05:11 AM
I got mine and played with it. What I found out was it was only meant to tune GCEA if you're in the ukulele mode and nothing else. Meaning it's accuracy is only on tuning the desired instrument plus sharps and flats. I tried it on my guitar and it's the same thing only would tune EADGBE and again nothing else. It's pretty accurate comparing it to my other tuners. And on one of my instruments, I have to move the tuner on top of the string I'm actually tuning to even get a reading. Other wise it's ok for a $3 tuner and looks like it's pretty sturdy too.

kmac66
02-13-2014, 05:58 AM
Mine works fine. Its a back up tuner to my back up tuner.

They still have them for $3 on their web page;

https://reverb.com/item/45234-reverb-clip-on-tuner-limit-1

itsme
02-13-2014, 08:15 AM
What I found out was it was only meant to tune GCEA if you're in the ukulele mode and nothing else. Meaning it's accuracy is only on tuning the desired instrument plus sharps and flats. I tried it on my guitar and it's the same thing only would tune EADGBE and again nothing else.
It does have a chromatic mode. That's what I always use with all my tuners.

Fast Fab
02-13-2014, 08:55 AM
Just placed an order, looks like a great deal! If not, i'm only out $3.. I can take that hit.

pootsie
02-14-2014, 03:38 AM
I got mine and played with it. What I found out was it was only meant to tune GCEA if you're in the ukulele mode and nothing else. Meaning it's accuracy is only on tuning the desired instrument plus sharps and flats. I tried it on my guitar and it's the same thing only would tune EADGBE and again nothing else. It's pretty accurate comparing it to my other tuners. And on one of my instruments, I have to move the tuner on top of the string I'm actually tuning to even get a reading. Other wise it's ok for a $3 tuner and looks like it's pretty sturdy too.

The "C" setting is chromatic, just like a snark. The "instructions" it came with kinda left that part out.