Gary Gill Pear Shape Tenor Ukulele No. 7 - SOLD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gary Gill

Reaction score
Gary Gill Pear Shape Tenor Ukulele No. 7

I am offering this hand made "Pear Shape" tenor ukulele for sale. This is number seven in the series I have built here in Greenwood, Indiana, USA

Shipped UPS Ground anywhere in the continental United States. Shipping to Alaska or Hawaii is negotiable. I will accept PayPal or USPS money order.

Scale length is 17"
Soundboard is Sitka spruce.
Bindings are quarter sawn walnut
Sides and back are quarter sawn cherry.
Neck is cherry with a maple lamination strip.
Fret board has 18 frets and is made from quarter sawn walnut with MOP markers.
Nut width is 1-3/8"
Walnut Bridge is strung through the sound board.
Nut and saddle are made from Corian
Strings are Worth Browns strung high g.
Grover geared tuning machines.
The finish is satin lacquer.
Dimensions are approximately 26-3/4" long x 9-1/8" at lower bout x 3" high at tail end.

Check out the YouTube video here;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbOBsuRsPZc&feature=youtu.be

List Date: 2/3/2014

For more info, click here to view the original listing: Gary Gill Pear Shape Tenor Ukulele No. 7
--------------------------------------
Item Has Been Sold.

--------------------------------------
ga.aspx

Mobile friendly version: Gary Gill Pear Shape Tenor Ukulele No. 7

Last edited:
You are making a very nice instrument at a very reasonable price sir. I might have to sell one so I can try one of yours.

That is a beautiful instrument Garry

Do you ever ship to the UK?

paul

Testimonial: I own two of Gary's Pear Shaped tenors, and my biased opinion is that they are incredible instruments. Sustain and tone are fantastic with perfect intonation all the way up the fretboards. The volume range is excellent - soft and sweet up to sound cannon level. I always get compliments on the sound of my pear tenors from other ukers who hear them. Sometimes, I even let others play these, if they ask nicely. :) My uke playing skill level has improved dramatically since having these particular ukuleles. It could be that I am just playing much more because I like the sound of my ukuleles, but I give some credit for my playing progress to owning these beauties. These are still my two favorite ukes to play in my growing collection.

-Donald

Gary --

So I have to ask: how did you determine that pricing? $488.60 seems, I dunno, unusual ...

I used the Panjo Marketplace to list the ukulele. It has ask me how much I wanted for the ukulele and then it added the listing fee and the PayPal fee into the total price.

Testimonial: I own two of Gary's Pear Shaped tenors, and my biased opinion is that they are incredible instruments. Sustain and tone are fantastic with perfect intonation all the way up the fretboards. The volume range is excellent - soft and sweet up to sound cannon level. I always get compliments on the sound of my pear tenors from other ukers who hear them. Sometimes, I even let others play these, if they ask nicely. :) My uke playing skill level has improved dramatically since having these particular ukuleles. It could be that I am just playing much more because I like the sound of my ukuleles, but I give some credit for my playing progress to owning these beauties. These are still my two favorite ukes to play in my growing collection.

-Donald

Thanks Donald. I really appreciate the kind words.

I lowered the price, learning to use the options on this Panjo.

$440.00 with Paypal fee and shipping to the lower 48 included.

Gary, do you know of anyone who has successfully had a pickup (preferably passive) installed in one of these ukuleles? Or do you recommend or not recommend a pickup in general or one in particular?

Also, how thick/thin is the neck?

Thanks.

Last edited:
Gary, do you know of anyone who has successfully had a pickup (preferably passive) installed in one of these ukuleles? Or do you recommend or not recommend a pickup in general or one in particular?

Also, how thick/thin is the neck?

Thanks.

I am not aware of anyone installing a pick up in one of my ukuleles. I have used the MiSi Acoustic Trio in two solid body ukuleles that I built. They worked well for me. I make all my bridges with a 1/8" wide saddle slot about 1/8" deep such that a under saddle pickup could be installed.

The neck on this ukulele offered for sale here measures 11/16" from face of the fret board to back of the neck at the nut. It measures 1" from face of the fret board to back of the neck at the 10th fret.

Last edited:
Gary-
the aesthetics of your product and appearance of your workmanship are both quite impressive. Do you do any custom (buyer selected materials/specs) building - or would you consider this?

Mahalo,

NKO

Gary-
the aesthetics of your product and appearance of your workmanship are both quite impressive. Do you do any custom (buyer selected materials/specs) building - or would you consider this?

Mahalo,

NKO

Thanks for the kind words. I haven't yet taken any custom orders. Maybe when I am more confident in my abilities I will. For now, I build with wood that I obtain locally and mill it myself. I would be a little hesitant to cut into the rosewoods, koa, and other high value stock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom