MAMA DON'T ALLOW NO GUITAR PLAYIN' ROUND HERE - Kenny and Ken

Ken Middleton

Reaction score
Recorded this video at a friend's house near Ventura, CA last week. I am playing with Kenny Walters, a terrific guitarist, uke player and vocalist from the area. I have known him for quite a while - several minutes, in fact.

Great stuff Ken, I had forgot that song, one I learned from an old bluegrass book about thirty yeas ago, well done love it.
Steve.

Nice one Ken! Enjoyed that very much!!
Best wishes,
Sam

Thanks for listening, Sam.

Nice impromptu duo. You two compliment each other.

Yes, we seemed to play well together. I have three recording that we made that morning. And a few that didn't turn out so well.

Great stuff Ken, I had forgot that song, one I learned from an old bluegrass book about thirty yeas ago, well done love it.
Steve.

Yes, Steve. I dredged it from my memory too.

Fantastic!!! I remember this tune off of my JJ Cale Live album -- is this his song originally, I wonder? Thanks so much for sharing with us!!

Heck ya! Thats what I call really feeling it:)

Heck ya! Thats what I call really feeling it:)

Thanks. This is why it is important for people to learn to play without the chords in front of them.

Great, Ken!! I really enjoyed that!! Definitely an older tune. I've got an MP3 from the 20's of the Boswell Sisters doing it, so it's been around.

Thanks J. It is also one of those songs that you can invent lyrics to as you sing it. I think it has probably been around for a very long time.

Top Bottom