Time for an upgrade?

iamsam

Reaction score
I have a Vineyard CK100 concert sized ukulele. I'm told that it is very similar to the Bushman / Ohana instruments and that it has a solid mahogany top.

I have been playing this for around a year now after playing the guitar; just like everyone else, I know and I'm sorry. While the uke is great, I can't help but think that the extra spacing between frets, volume and a slightly better tone would be very welcome. After looking at the Kala Mango tenor, it seems to be cheaper to buy one from MGM in America than it is to go to The Duke of Uke in London. Do you think that the £200 ish spent on a tenor uke would be worth it or should it go towards petrol and insurance.
(17 next week)

- Sam

You might want to be careful getting large packages from Hawaii to the UK, last time I got a uke from MGM I got the hell taxed out of me (And I know I keep going on about it but I am very sore about it)

I'd prefer a Bushman/Ohana mahogany concert to a Kala tenor, tbh, but it's your preference. The advantage to the Duke of Uke is that you'll be able to see and maybe give a quick test of the uke before buying it. And living over here we don't often get that opportunity!

Ah, might be worth saving up a little more, learning to drive and such, then driving down to DoU with a pocket full and getting a better one?

I have a Vineyard CK100 concert sized ukulele. I'm told that it is very similar to the Bushman / Ohana instruments and that it has a solid mahogany top.

I have been playing this for around a year now after playing the guitar; just like everyone else, I know and I'm sorry. While the uke is great, I can't help but think that the extra spacing between frets, volume and a slightly better tone would be very welcome. After looking at the Kala Mango tenor, it seems to be cheaper to buy one from MGM in America than it is to go to The Duke of Uke in London. Do you think that the £200 ish spent on a tenor uke would be worth it or should it go towards petrol and insurance.
(17 next week)

- Sam

Depends, do you live close to public transportation? I am dealing with same dilema. I own three tenors and two concerts now, but I want a Koaloha and I want to upgrade my Harley.

Since you don't have a tenor upgrade to the tenor. It is worth it.

Top Bottom