New alulu all koa tenor (acacia koa) - sold

toddir58

Reaction score
NEW ALULU ALL KOA TENOR (ACACIA KOA)

ABSOLUTELY STUNNING ALL KOA UKE...WITH GREEN AND GOLD ABALONE INLAYS....BOOK MATCHED CUSTOM CONSTRUCTION,....QUALITY WORKMANSHIP THROUGHOUT......PLAYS AND SOUNDS AS GOOD AS IT LOOKS....NATURAL SOFT SATIN FINISH ONLY ENHANCES THE OVERALL APPEARANCE OF THIS UKE...ONE THAT YOU CAN BE GLAD TO SHOW TO OTHERS....CLOSED GEAR GROVER TUNERS..AQUILLA 7U STRINGS...AWESOME TONALITY...VERY CRISP CLEAN AND CLEAR SOUND...THE TENOR SIZE AND SOLID WOOD GIVE THIS UKE A HEFTY SOLID FEEL...GREAT ACTION ALL SET-UP AND READY TO PLAY !!!! SHIPS SAME DAY VIA USPS 1-3 DAY PRIORITY MAIL...SEE MY OTHER UKES...ALOHA,sorry ships to u.s. only

List Date: 2/5/2014

For more info, click here to view the original listing: NEW ALULU ALL KOA TENOR (ACACIA KOA)
--------------------------------------
Item Has Been Sold.

--------------------------------------
ga.aspx

Mobile friendly version: NEW ALULU ALL KOA TENOR (ACACIA KOA)

i dont understand..are you trying to be funny or is this just your own sad way of trying to communicate ,this is a serious site and a valid entry..... i see no humor in your tiny,little insignificant post that probably describes you as a person.keep your 2 cents !!!!!

Todd, writing in all capitals is considered shouting in the world of forums and email.

perhaps if this was a chatty post,i agree100% but this is an information post,and thus written in a clear and definitive manner as to giving the viewer a complete and concise description,so that they can gain as much information as i have included...so as not to waste their and my time...as i was playing my uke !!!!

Ok, just popping by to spread a little aloha dust to the thread -- life is an inordinately short journey.. :shaka:

& I'll take the pennies, I got a 1mm thick StewMac rule - adding a penny creates my perfect 12th fret action (2.55mm ; )

Peace,
~NKO

I quite like Alulu ukulele's as I have a few and the original seller, Taisamlu is an honest guy to deal with. I was a little bit suspicious about your listing however so I looked up Taisamlu's sales on eBay.

Taisamlu listed this instrument as Acacia Koa, NOT Koa. I consider this to be a serious breech in the listing on your behalf. Taisamlu also listed this instrument as a SECOND and you paid $140 US for it thereabouts with shipping.

People can buy and sell how they see fit but you have deliberately left out important information with YOUR listing. Taisamlu's original listing was honest.

Anthony

Last edited:
I was a little bit suspicious about your listing however so I looked up Taisamlu's sales on eBay.

Taisamlu listed this instrument as Acacia Koa, NOT Koa. I consider this to be a serious breech in the listing on your behalf. Taisamlu also listed this instrument as a SECOND and you paid $140 US for it thereabouts with shipping.

People can buy and sell how they see fit but you have deliberately left out important information with YOUR listing. Taisamlu's original listing was honest.

Anthony

Oops - perhaps this one? *sigh* this can't be good.. :wtf:

http://tinyurl.com/luy8ezg

thanks for the aloha dust,I might have responded a little to severely..as i am a very serious person with a wonderful uke to sell,and thought that i was posting to an advertising side page like panjo..and not just chatting away like a school girl on the uu website,as for the penny on the 12th fret I personally set-up a quarter on the 12th fret,i have have thick mechanics hands and thick fingers with a laborers grip and find the extra distance welcoming to my playing comfort.

Anthony ,taisamlu sells many ukes.... koa is koa is koa..acacia koa is grown in many places around the world...now if i had specified that this is made from hawaiian acacia koa..then you would have a valid point..but alas i listed the construction material as being koa,because i can not know what kind and from where the koa came from...as to price taisamlu starts bids at many prices,this one started above $140..and went much higher...and there are some listed at over $180 to start the bidding as well as the expensive overseas shipping costs and time (weeks)...the value of any well made instrument is in the final playability...and this is the 8th taisamlu uke that i own..and not all have been winners ,but this one is a winner ....otherwise i wouldn't burden the consumer with a less than honest uke ...any decent quality koa tenor uke that plays and looks as good as this is worth the price...that is why i am asking so much,but you should also notice that i have added a best offer selection box as well...does any of this seem relevant as an answer to your comment on koa and price !!!

According to Wikipedia and a few other sites Acacia Koa is only grown in Hawaii. Other Acacia species are grown elsewhere. Is you uke made of solid Koa or some other species?
Please clarify.

according to the builder the pimary wood used on the front,back and sides is acacia koa..and if you look at the pics it resembles many of the hawaiian koa wood ukes ..don't confuse this pattern with the curly acacia koa that is used on many high end koa ukes..that has a much busier flame type of pattern,like some of the kanileas for instance.this wood looks to be slab cut and not cut on the bias ..also it is made of solid koa, the wood grain pattern on the inside mirrors the polished grain pattern on the outside, the head piece where the alulu inlay name is located is an additional laminate cap,the neck is koa 2 piece ,there is the normal heel joint,and a rosewood fretboard.I hope this helps aloha

john I just wanted to add a p.s. hawaiian koa wood is not commercially harvested and sold openly,there are huge restrictions to the harvest of a tree..those that are fortunate enough to get a piece usually have a whole log, and can therefore issue numbered cuts as kanilea does...see the aldrine guerro logo uke for $2500,log #50 i think....I have several koa trees growing on my property in the mountains,just about 20 yrs old,the curly acacia koa variety,the main trunks are a little over a foot wide now...I also have mango,milo,kou and kamani trees and one day each will give up there wood to make beautiful bowls,ukes and what ever else i carve ...stay warm in illinois,it is a balmy 79 degrees at 7 p.m.lucky i live in hawaii...aloha

The wood grain on your listed ukulele is UNIQUE. There is one, and one only instrument like it. I identified it as an instrument which Taisamlu listed as a Second, made from Acacia Koa and it sold for $70 + shipping. Yes it is a bit cheeky of Taisamlu to list it as Acacia Koa but at least HE didn't call it Koa.

Taisamlu DOES sell instruments made from Hawaiian Koa. He lists them as Hawaiian Koa and they are higher quality instruments than you are listing. Taisamlu sells his Hawaiian Koa ukulele's for around $400 + shipping. The one you have listed would have sold, Buy It Now for around $200 if it was a FIRST quality instrument.

You have seriously misrepresented the instrument you have for sale. Disgraceful.

Anthony

Last edited:
I really dont know what your problem is ,but i have had this uke for close to 6 weeks now..taisamlu has many ,many ukes that are sold as koa and also acacia koa...i really doubt that you are looking at mine,especially since i paid a heck of a lot more than $70 I own 8 of their ukes Shame on you for your poor attempt at detective work..perhaps your problem is with taisamlu,maybe you have had a bad experience with them...i represent this uke as exactly as the manufacturer says it is the uke is made of koa (acacia koa) any more petty attempts to your misguided vanity will be responded to in a much less cordial manner,,A wise man says that the only thing worse than a lot of knowledge ..is having only a little knowledge...i dont know if you're mad at taisamlu for making ukes,or the koa tree that it was made from.

Yeah that's the exact same one from that ebay auction. I mean I don't mind someone thinking they got a good deal on a uke and flipping it for more, but don't lie and say you bought it for much more than you actually did.

o0zfih.jpg

Last edited:
P.S. I dont recall ever saying that this uke is hawaiian koa any where on the listing..So where am I misrepresenting the uke it is listed as koa wood construction with a( acacia koa ) added as per the manufacturers description.as you pointed out these ukes list in the $400 area for msrp, and that is how i got my pricing !!! Buy it , make an offer or criticize and complain the choices are yours and it looks like you chose the latter.

There is still the issue of you buying it as a Second, blemished ukulele but making no such declaration in your listing.

You can buy the same series of ukulele's (I watch some of his listings so I'm familiar with the different model runs) from Taisamlu on eBay for $160 USD Buy it Now + shipping for a first quality instrument or he has some auctions for them starting at $130 USD

Taisamlu also has some beautiful tenor ukulele's with slotted headstocks that he has declared are made from Hawaiian Koa for $280 USD + shipping.

People can make money by reselling items if they can but I'm incensed by the deceit in this listing and follow up discussion.

Anthony

Top Bottom