If you could have a "free pass" on a song what song would you choose?

In a world where magic happens - John King's Bach Prelude arrangement. I'm not sure I've got enough years left on this planet to master it!

+1 on any of John King's arrangements, all are so beautiful.

Toccata/Tokada

My answer today would be Hawaiian Soul. Holy moley it is a gorgeous song. Or maybe Europa...if I could do it half as well as Aldrine.

Sukie if you have tabs I would love them.:D

I will do it at some point. Right now I am learning it without using tabs. It's killing me. But, really it isn't that hard to memorize. It's the first time I had to learn a song without tabs -- I promised I would.

I will do it at some point. Right now I am learning it without using tabs. It's killing me. But, really it isn't that hard to memorize. It's the first time I had to learn a song without tabs -- I promised I would.

Yes,yes. I understand I know who your teacher is. :D Guess I can keep pausing videos. If you or anyone has a set of tabs I would still love some.

Europa, hands down!

I'd rather have a curse that forced me to practice until I could play a song like John King does and then have me choose another...

bach cello suite 1 for me as well...I've often daydreamed about learning to play cello just to play that piece of music...and I'm not even that big a classical fan. I just really love that piece.

Iz's Over the Rainbow/Wonderful World medley...with vocals. It might seem like a low goal compared with some of the instrumentals listed here, but, It's a long complicated song to me, someone who can't play much of anything by memory.

Last edited:
Assuming that the free pass also includes vocals, then I guess I wish I could do a really top notch Ave Maria and a jazzy version of Billy Joel's New York State of Mind .

Jake Shimabukuros Ukulele weeps,or Sungha Jungs I'm Yours. Maybe i should have picked something harder but i would love to know those

I promised myself I would learn Jake's "Gently Weeps" from his iPhone app lesson on my soon to arrive steel string arch-top electric uke. Sure would be nice if when it arrives, I could just pick it up and play that song, but alas, I must woodshed.

archtop style.jpg

Top Bottom