Fish Ukulele

WKerrigan

Reaction score
Has anyone on this board ever owned/played any of the instruments made by Fish Ukulele? This guy is building some pretty quirky instruments, some handmade, some designed and built in factories near his home in Hong Kong. I'd love to hear your thoughts.

His website is: http://fishukulele.com

But his facebook page is updated more frequently:

https://www.facebook.com/FishUkulele

And no, I am in no way associated with Fish Ukulele, but recently ordered a Concert scale Red manchurian ash model, which is on its way to my house.

I heard you could only play scales on them.

What kinda' fish? Muskie?
R

When's the bass model coming?

I wonder if they come with a built-in tuna?

Never heard of them, but looking at their website, some look intriguing. Prices are good, and shipping is reasonable. The factory produced ones are definitely from overseas, probably Hong Kong since that is where he is most of the time. Most of the handmade ones don't do much for me. I can't tell from the pictures, but the Fish Ukulele logo's on the headstocks and most of the characters on the uke bodies almost look like they are engraved with an electric hand engraver, not the most precise tool available. I might look into one of the solid electric concert models.

I bet they'll sound great with Living Water Strings, or maybe Seaguar leaders would be better.

image.jpgOkay, my bright red Manchurian Ash concert Fish Ukulele arrived yesterday, and it is just awesome! Came with D'Addario strings, didn't like those so I put on a set of Aquila Nylgut. Sounds great, looks great, very very happy with this unique ukulele. Tried to attach an image, but not sure it is working.

Last edited:
View attachment 64020Okay, my bright red Manchurian Ash concert Fish Ukulele arrived yesterday, and it is just awesome! Came with D'Addario strings, didn't like those so I put on a set of Aquila Nylgut. Sounds great, looks great, very very happy with this unique ukulele. Tried to attach an image, but not sure it is working.

Probably wiggled off line.

I think those are some nice looking ukes. I'd love to hear one somewhere to know if they sound as good as they look.

I think those are some nice looking ukes. I'd love to hear one somewhere to know if they sound as good as they look.

I may eventually get around to posting a video. As I'm a novice, I'm probably not the ideal person to demonstrate their sound. But if you go to the Fish Ukulele facebook page, or look up Fish Ukulele / Evan Binkley on Youtube, you'll find a bunch of videos of Mr. Binkley playing his creations. I disn't care for how it sounded with the D'Addario strings it came with, but love it with Aquilas on.

Top Bottom