New Kamaka uke made from Koaloha-Koa

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhilUSAFRet

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
What a weird listing lol, I mean it is a Kamaka case so maybe that's where he got confused.

I would ask for the date stamp inside...if the date is within the past several years, it could be a custom as they didn't make the crown bridge. Also, seller's name is paiva and lives in Hilo?

I sent the seller this comment: "Just wanted to let you know that Kamaka and KoAloha are separate companies that are competitors. What you have is a koa ukulele made by the company called KoAloha and a case made by a different competitor company called Kamaka. There's no such thing as a "Kamaka KoAloha" ukulele. That would be like saying a vehicle is a Honda Toyota car." I'm curious to see if I get a response.

Maybe he'll trade his kamaka koaloha for my martin harmony.

Hi Everyone,

Yes, it is my brother selling my old non-custom KoAloha ukulele. Please DO NOT bid on it. He has never had permission from me to sell this, or any of my possessions.

Thank you,

Brittni

It's too bad things like this happen Brittni. Do you want us to report the auction as bogus or stolen property? Let us know how we can help.

There already ARE 2 bids on this ukulele so technically it has SOLD already. Someone needs to act on it quickly.

Anthony

There is some way to kill auctions with eBay even if there are bidders. I've had it done to something I had bid on (knockoff - seller shut down. And I'm glad they were before I got a fake).

Hopefully this can be managed. :(

I'm sure it can be done but Brittni or someone who Brittni authorises needs to act promptly. Without intervention the sale is ON.

Anthony

There is some way to kill auctions with eBay even if there are bidders. (

I agree, you can kill the auction by reporting items stolen, or counterfeited, etc... but we shouldn't get involved in family problems without her asking for help.

(sorry anthony, must have been typing the same time you were!)

Last edited:
Thanks, everyone. I really appreciate all of your help and concern.
If there is anything you can do on your end to report this ad and any other relevant ads by him as stolen/counterfeit, etc., that would be great. I am doing all I can on my end to sort this out.

Unfortunately, this is a family issue and I would really hate to get all of you involved in this mess. :(

Last edited:
Thanks, everyone. I really appreciate all of your help and concern.
If there is anything you can do on your end to report this ad and any other relevant ads by him as stolen/counterfeit, etc., that would be great. I am doing all I can on my end to sort this out.

Unfortunately, this is a family issue and I would really hate to get all of you involved in this mess. :(
It is because of this mess that I have been sort of absent in the ukulele world recently.

Sending you good thoughts. Hope things improve for you. These types of situations are certainly no fun.
This too shall pass. The light at the end of the tunnel isn't a freight train. You will have bright sunny days again.
Just keep walking on the sunny side of the street.

Brittni,
After looking into this further, we can report stolen goods, however it doesn't carry any weight since it's our word against theirs. We can file a report of of "copyright trademark/ counterfeit item or authenticity disclaimer/ disclaimers about the authenticity or legality of an item", and file a brief description.

If you get to your local police station, you can have them file a report through ebay. They can sign up on ebay's LER site here if they are not already signed up. https://lers.corp.ebay.com/AIP/portal/home.do

Here is ebay's instructions if you wish to report a crime, http://pages.ebay.com/securitycenter/lawEnforcementReporting.html

So sorry your having to deal with this. Hopefully it can all be worked out.

Brittni,
After looking into this further, we can report stolen goods, however it doesn't carry any weight since it's our word against theirs. We can file a report of of "copyright trademark/ counterfeit item or authenticity disclaimer/ disclaimers about the authenticity or legality of an item", and file a brief description.

If you get to your local police station, you can have them file a report through ebay. They can sign up on ebay's LER site here if they are not already signed up. https://lers.corp.ebay.com/AIP/portal/home.do

Here is ebay's instructions if you wish to report a crime, http://pages.ebay.com/securitycenter/lawEnforcementReporting.html

So sorry your having to deal with this. Hopefully it can all be worked out.

I have already gone to local authorities but they refuse to make a report due to this being a "civil matter" because it's with a family matter. Ebay has already been contacted but we are still waiting to hear back from them.

Thank you, all, for keeping your eyes peeled on ukulele auctions. If it weren't for you folks, I wouldn't have seen this thread would not have known that my brother was trying to capitalize off name and absence in the family.

I also greatly appreciate your encouragement and support. You have no idea how much your kind words mean to me at this time in my life. :)

I have already gone to local authorities but they refuse to make a report due to this being a "civil matter" because it's with a family matter. Ebay has already been contacted but we are still waiting to hear back from them.

Thank you, all, for keeping your eyes peeled on ukulele auctions. If it weren't for you folks, I wouldn't have seen this thread would not have known that my brother was trying to capitalize off name and absence in the family.

I also greatly appreciate your encouragement and support. You have no idea how much your kind words mean to me at this time in my life. :)

Sorry that you have to go through this, Brittni. I suppose one way to handle it would be for us to take up a collection to buy the ukulele so that it at least isn't lost to a stranger.

Not that you'd want to bring criminal charges against your brother, but I think that if he sells and ships it to someone in another state, you could involve federal law enforcement, because it's a federal crime to transport or cause to be transported stolen property across state lines.

Maybe it would help to flood eBay with reports that the listing is improper. I just submitted two ("infringement" and "improper listing practices").

The listing does say "local pick-up only" so it doesn't sound like he's planning to ship it at all. I'll report it to eBay as well. Couldn't hurt, right?

I hope this can be sorted out soon, Brittni. I am very sorry to hear about your problems. We all wish you well.

Strange how a "funny" thread can take a sad turn...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom