Clawhammer uke

Awesome!!!! What else have you been playing? I had that model, gave it to my grand daughter to play at Church. . It had Aquilas on it when I got it, replaced them with low g's for a different sound I was looking for, a deep, rich tone. Had always intended to install a bone nut and saddle.

Your plucking....not clawhammering. Does sound quite good though!

The songs sound more or less exactly like I would expect someone who already plays the banjo to play them.

....which begs the question ...why not just play a banjo then ?...but that would be rude ..'cos I am learning to play 5 string banjer and I end up with a hybrid of Clawhammer and ukulele strokes which are accepted by the clawhammer fraternity on Banjohangout as legitimate or even Pete Seeger Style.

I therefore respectfully,gently and politely disagree with DaleR ...it is a clawhammer style ....a varietal of that style but with three and two finger rolls put in for good measure....now as to whether it is a ukulele or a baby geetar ....well the Old Phart jury (that is me !) is out on that one ...but then I only ever knew about the little one ...lol...I suppose it's a steroidal Ukulele......:D

I might respectfully disagree w/ CeeJay, and agree with Dale here.

Sounds very nice however. The up plucking is a a dead give away for something other than clawhammer style.

But if your having fun and it sounds good, who cares?

..Ah well ...I'm not going to get bent out of shape about what is and what isn't Clawhammer ...

he could hit it with a mallet and if it sounded pretty that would be okay by me....interesting thing about music ....as they say on BHO ...it's your banjo , play it any way you want ...:)

Hmmm Interesting! I think I play clawhammer banjo as well... and everybody says it's not clawhammer... To each his own though! Yeah the guys on BHO say the same.

But hey if its fun.... Keep pickin as they say!

If you want to see some "clawhammer" banjo I do ya can see that on my channel as well.:cool:

Link , link, link......you know you have to now !

CeeJay

Cool..seen two ..save the rest for when I get back from the pub.......'course I'm too old to be saying cool ....who cares !

CeeJay

Top Bottom