Orbital - The Box, Part2 - British 90's dance music translated to uke

we tigers

Reaction score
For Season 103 I tried to translate this song by Orbital from 1996 to the ukulele. I remember watching the video on MTV back in the days and was always intrigued by it. It features Tilda Swinton in a weird blue cap standing still in bustling city life. Orbital always was more on the cinematic, ambient side of dance music instead of pure beat making.

I recorded a lot of tracks with mostly my Brüko baritone and added some others with my Covered Bridge pineapple, BassVI and Precision bass to give it a little depth. The beats are basically tapping on the side of the uke and table.

Best to use or headphone or some decent speakers. You'll miss half of the details on a phone or tablet.

Thanks for watching!

Wow...I felt like I was watching a professional music video and the multitracking was spot on! Great job.

I would not have thought this possible on the uke, but you prove that it's not only possible, it's completely faithful to the essence of Orbital's unique sound. This is just AWESOME. The glock adds exactly what's in the piece, the uke sounds like a cymbalom, and the electric sounds great.

This is one of my favorite electronic pieces, and you just nail it perfectly. All you need is traffic and Tilda. You should send it to her - she'd be totally excited by it, I think. :D

Thanks John and Pootsie!

I really appreciate it when people take the effort of listening and commenting.
John, maybe I will send it to someone. Maybe Tilda, or the Orbital guys themselves. I am curious to know what they think of it. I'm pretty pleased with it!

maybe I will send it to someone. Maybe Tilda, or the Orbital guys themselves. I am curious to know what they think of it. I'm pretty pleased with it!

This would be very cool!! You should do it, and let us know what the reaction is!

Top Bottom