Mr. Bojangles Cover

lelouden

Reaction score
Click Mr. Bojangles~

I bought me a new toy! A tenor Gold Tone Banjo Uke. It was a blem so I got it for $250 through Ebay. They said the neck was not cut to specs and that only a true technician would spot it.It was inspected and warrantied by Gold Tone. My question is "what about the intonation"? They are giving me two weeks to return...So here's the question. Should this be a keeper? Im not sure if I ruined the strings. I tuned it up to GCEA and then read that the tuning was DGBE so I think Ive over stretched the strings. Ive never played one of these before and if you even slightly move a string you can hear the bend. I don't know if this is a result of me over stretching the stings or typical for a banjo uke. Give me your opinions if you want.

Wow! Very very nice.

I love your video. The superimposed image is a great idea.

As for the banjo, it sounds wonderful... Not two twangy.... Which is usually a problem for me with banjo ukes.

As for the tuning it sound good to me. Intonation sounds good, and the sound is nice and clear.

Thanks for sharing the video... A nice way to stat my day...

I may need to do this song myself.

One quick question, how do you superimpose the videos?

Thanks again,
Ivan

Last edited:
First, that was lovely. I really enjoyed listening. Where did you read that the tuning is DGBE? Aquila makes High D, DGBE tenor strings (11U) with one wound string. I've never used them, but if they are so loose you hear them bending, they could be standard gCEA tenor strings. Not sure you could tune a set of dGBE strings up to gCEA.

Thanks Ray and Ivan for the compliment and for the advice. I have PM ed you both. To anyone else wondering about the filming I use iMovie and you can do this movie transparency trick in that program:)

Top Bottom