Song Help Request i need to find a song...

NukeDOC

Retired Mod
Reaction score
my ex wife used to love this song. but she only had a copy of it on a cassette tape (yah i know... whats a cassette tape?). so for the past ohhh 7 or 8 years, she's been trying to find this song to download. pay or free. dont matter. she just wants this song. so if someone knows how to get this song, who sings it, knows where to get a cd, i just thought that it would be a cool thing to get her for christmas... even if its late.

yeah she's my ex wife. and she recently got remarried. but we're cool like that now. it took four years. but we're cool now.

so any help...

the song is called "honey girl". i dont know if it is one word or two. but i havent been able to find it anywhere. i dont know who sings it. and every search i do for it always directs me to honey baby.

the song is basically a father singing about how much he loves his daughter. and the only lyrics i know is the chorus (and am not even totally sure about):

my honey girl...
she's the sweetest girl in the whole wide world...
my honey girl...
(somthing something) i love my honey girl...

ive googled it, ive searched itunes, youtube, myspace. just cant get a lead on it.

pleeeeeaaaaaase help me!

its hawaiian. kinda has the same vibe as honey girl. but its definitely not honey girl. its been a few years since i heard the song. but if i heard it i would know.

i dont know if this will help... but does anyone remember the old gummy bears cartoon? do you remember the theme song?

gummy bears... bouncing here and there and everywhere...

yeah that part. the chorus melody to honeygirl is VERY similar to it. VERY. hahaha.

and dont ask me now i remember the them song to a cartoon that came out over twenty years ago. :D

Last edited:
yea i remember the gummy bears! im dat old! i think its willie k. but i could be wrong.

Attachments

• 3287.jpg
    3287.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 11
  • 3416.jpg
    3416.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 16
thanks for da lead, titoboy, but unfortunately, thats not the song. i listened to a clip and its nothing close.

i just got off the phone with my ex wife, and i got the lyrics from her for the chorus.

honeygirl
youre the sweetest little girl in the whole wide world
my honeygirl
you know how much i love you
you know i would do anything
anything and everything
anything for my honeygirl

the two first lines are the ones where the melody sounds like that part of the gummy bears cartoon theme song.

please please please somebody. this has been killing us for YEARS. she has even called radio stations in hawaii and they didnt know what she was talking about.

i would love to play this for our daughter some day too.

oh wow. i got a tape recording of it. ill try make a vid and post it on youtube. maybe someone there will be able to help me out if they can actually hear the song.

alright now im curious haha

Alternative

I couldn't find the song, but what you could do is this. Find a casette player with a headphone jack. Then you'll need an eighth inch to eighth inch chord, they come pretty cheap. Then download the sound program audacity, its free online at http://audacity.sourceforge.net/ Then just plug in the headphone jack from the player into the computer microphone jack and hit record on audacity. Hit play on the tape player and it will start recording. After that, go to effects and do the compress effect on the song. Then export to mp3, and you're all set.

I couldn't find the song, but what you could do is this. Find a casette player with a headphone jack. Then you'll need an eighth inch to eighth inch chord, they come pretty cheap. Then download the sound program audacity, its free online at http://audacity.sourceforge.net/ Then just plug in the headphone jack from the player into the computer microphone jack and hit record on audacity. Hit play on the tape player and it will start recording. After that, go to effects and do the compress effect on the song. Then export to mp3, and you're all set.
does that work with mac?

Any luck, Nuke?

Top Bottom