Intelligent Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hero Reborn

Reaction score
I think a an "Intelligent Discussions" thread would be a nice thing to have here. They've been very successful in the few forums I've been a member of. It's basically supposed to be a safe place to discuss serious topics such as religion and politics with worrying too much about immaturity and mindless nonsense. I believe it it would work well here because there seems to me a lot of mature people here. It's just a thought.

I think the word 'intelligent' is a very vague word that can be interpreted in many different ways. Would that encompass school topics? Or would it be meant more for 'deep' conversations? I think it would be quite difficult to come to a conclusion about what should be deemed 'intelligent' enough for that section of the forum. I'm not trying to put down your idea or anything, I see what you're getting at. But I feel that it would be a breeding ground for animosity and disagreements.

Last edited:
I think the word 'intelligent' is a very vague word that can be interpreted in many different ways. Would that encompass school topics? Or would it be meant more for 'deep' conversations? I think it would be quite difficult to come to a conclusion about what should be deemed 'intelligent' enough for that section of the forum. I'm not trying to put down your idea or anything, I see what you're getting at. But I feel that it would be a breeding ground for animosity and disagreements.
I agree with Kateri, the phase "never discuss religion and politics" rings true for a reason,..it's a breeding ground for a serious buzzkill! Let's keep it light, keep it fun, and always...keep it uke!

You're right Kateri, deep conversations would have been more accurate. Although, I do believe these forums can handle touchy topics such as religion and politics, I can understand why you'd think we're better of with out them.

no matter how mature a person is politics and religion can spark a bit of anger in anyone's mind if they oppose sumone else's view. It's not like all of us think the same way. To keep this place a safe and friendly site, we have to keep our views on delicate things to ourselves, and share with each other the stuff that we all can agree on, and that's playing music.

There is alot of maturity in this forum which i love but all it takes is one bad post to bring it all down. Its a real touchey subject and u cant quite tell how people will react to it untill its to late.

There was an identical proposal at our forum. It was supposed to be, "The Go Thinkers' Forum" akin to the "The Chess Thinkers' Forum" at talkchess.com.

We chose not to consider it. Our forum was intended specifically to discuss our specific gaming interests and nothing else; and certainly not religion or politics. We felt there were lots of other sites for those discussions. Usenet groups were certainly accessible to all via Google Groups.

hahah my views on religion and politics are out of the norm, let's just say I think very conservatively with politics and very liberally with religion. Not too many people would be happy to hear/read my thoughts :eek:

I've got to chime in on this one...there are lots of places to discuss serious topics, but few to discuss the ukulele. Let's keep this a "happy" ukulele place. Music is my escape from seriousness.

Just my thoughts.

-John

I second that!:eek:

I'm putting my foot down on this one.

This is an ukulele forum. I've never seen anything good or productive come out of arguing about politics or religion on an internet forum. Discussing things of this nature is like a disease that kills message boards.

If you want to talk about those kinds of things, I'm sure you won't have to look very hard to find somewhere to do it and someone to argue with. Just keep it off this site.

That is not what this Ukulele Underground is about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom