Some folks wear their heart on their sleeve...

H

Hippie Dribble

...me too.

But I'm over that. Always ends in tears. Gonna wear mine on my knuckles from now on.

maui tattoo #2.jpg

Last edited:
Tattoos? And 'knuckles' sounds better, but would "metacarpals" be more anatomically accurate?

Brave move, regardless - great work!

you know what. that might be the most best knucke tats ive ever seen.
usually people get really hateful things they regret later. kudos!

HA HA

That's awesome!

And in so doing, you cement your status as 'da man', Eugene. :)

(My other thought on first seeing this was 'Ouch!', and a few other words not appropriate for this place.)

I was thinking of inking the chromatic scale on my knuckles but I would be two knuckles short.

Upon showing this to a friend of mine just now, it was suggested to me to get the words:

'haole ahole'

tattooed across my knuckles (thumbs included)

However, aside from these words being greatly offensive to many, as well as sealing your fate for limiting future employment opportunities (like a face tattoo would, with the Corporate world's disdain for visible body ink), I would simply not have these words 'haole ahole' printed on my body, and I am reminded of a quote from Mark Twain:

"It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid, than to open it and remove all doubt.”

(of course the irony here is that I am referring solely to myself in this case)

Having said all that, I think the tattoo in the OP's picture above, is actually very cool. I am glad that someone has a tattoo like that.

Cool, but your wife must be jealous of the uke!

That is very cool but I still have to say I haven't found anything I want to say so badly that I will make it an irrevocable part of my body. :)

John

Thanks for the laughs you guys.

Pain wasn't too bad at all, though the guy told me that ribs and knuckles are apparently the tenderest spots, along with ankles. Worst bit was the shading, kinda felt like someone was digging into me with a knife, but the whole thing only took about 45 mins.

Oh and thanks greenie for calling me brave. First time anyone ever called me that.

As far as limiting work opps goes, who wants to go to work anyway? And na, my wife sure aint jealous, we're separated. :p

I've had this on my mind forever so when I was on Maui last week it kinda felt like an allignment of timing and emotion to do it. Of course, I'm full of regret, can you tell?

maui tattoo #1.jpg

That is just awesome :)

I'm the world's biggest commitment-phobe, but I've always said that if I were to get a tattoo, it would be something to do with ukulele - since ukulele is pretty much the only thing I've ever been capable of committing to!

45 whole minutes!! Ouch! They do some good looking tatoos in Maui but not good enough for me to endure the pain. Hmmm.... maybe you should write a song about it???

That is so cool and also appropriate! :cool:

Anything over bone hurts! I got a half sleeve up over the shoulder 13 years ago and I still remember the needles feeling like I was being sawed on with a steak knife over the top of my shoulder. Hands would hurt worse because there are so many nerve endings there. Shading really hurts because they use multiple needles at once. It takes awhile but endorphins eventually kick in, but they only last so long. Just have to surrender and roll with it.

Yours is perfect! And Yes, you're brave! :D

I am sad to hear you are separated though. :(

Cool Jon!

My bride wants me to get one that sez DNR for Do Not Resuscitate!

Uke on my friend!

You ought to challenge all the other moderators to do the same thing....

Top Bottom