Season 105 - Songs Of Freedom

ukuleledaddy

Reaction score
Today, February 15, is Susan B. Anthony's birthday. In December we lost Nelson Mandela. In January we lost Pete Seeger. January was also the month of Martin Luther King Jr.'s birthday as well as the anniversary of Harvey Milk being elected to public office. February 1 was National Freedom Day. This month is also Black History Month in the US. It's also Abraham Lincoln's birthday, George Washington's birthday, Rosa Park's birthday and Frederick Douglas' birthday (not to mention your humble host).

Season 105: SONGS OF FREEDOM

Given all the above info, you do NOT need to do a song about civil rights or the fight for independence. Apply the idea of freedom any way you want. Sing about breaking free from a bad relationship, struggling to free one's self from an addiction, the freedom to dance naked, whatever.

Rules? What rules? It's FREEDOM week! Though, in respect to our beloved current host, pabrizzer, please don't post your entry on this tread until 12:01 am Sunday HI time.

Given the fact that there are no rules this week I expect an onslaught of participation. That said, as it is with life, some things have crept up beyond my control and I won't be as available this week as I had hoped. I will do my best to be a worthy host.

Prizes!!!!!!!!
- There will be three prizes (listed below). As I have been the very lucky winner of several random hat drawings, I feel it is my duty to pay the random hat drawing proper respect and pull names randomly from a special, yet undetermined hat (a Homburg perhaps? Nudge nudge pa). Everyone who enters will get their name in the hat ONCE and only once. I may determine in the midst of the week to allow people to get TWO entires into the hat if I have not heard a particular song in a timely fashion. I do after all have the FREEDOM to make changes. The first person drawn from the hat will get the first choice of the tree prizes, the second person drawn will choose between the two other prizes and the third person drawn will get the spoils.

Prizes:
- A DVD: Let Freedom Sing. This amazing DVD powerfully retells one of the greatest stories in American history, the Civil Rights Movement, in a compelling new way... through the singers and songwriters who fought for change through their music.
- A book: Long Walk To Freedom: The Autobiography of Nelson Mandela
- Coffe!: I love the idea of having regional prizes, a gift from where you live, like the Vermont syrup Fred gave away fro Season 102. So, since Portland has a fine reputation for making great coffee, this last prize is a bag of coffee from the Portland Roasting Company.

That's all for now. Have at it.

PLAYLIST

Last edited:
Oh...it is on. I don't need to get better to play punk rock songs :)
Without pants.
NO RULES!!!! YAY!
STOKED

Last edited:
Free will. Free love. Free verse. Freestyle. Free trial. Freedom Trail. Free thinker. Don't fence me in. Don't tread on me. Freebie. Freaky. Set me free. Let my people go. Let it all hang out. Freed from jail. Jailbird. Free as a bird. Freebird!

Free the Seasonista 7! Freedom of speech. Freedom of association.

Just a little free association for ya. No charge. :)

greeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat theme!

just great!

and great intro post and vid too

Oh yeah, BEVOMU, you may not participate UNLESS you reveal yourself.

It would be simple enough to have a rule requiring uke front and center and face visible on video. :)
Just sayin'. Since you haven't posted rules yet.

Damn! You're right. But it's FREEDOM week. I can't start laying down rules before it's even begun. Remember this for next week people.

Alright folks, I just updated the initial post with prizes and all. Woohoo.

Since it's you who's hosting, I almost feel I should do "When You're a Free Man". But I have some originals that fit this theme, and I'm probably going with one or more of them.

Since it's you who's hosting, I almost feel I should do "When You're a Free Man". But I have some originals that fit this theme, and I'm probably going with one or more of them.

Oh! I didn't even think of that. I love that song. Although an original from you for this season would be wonderful.

Oh, one thing I forgot to mention, there's been some debate as to when the third starts. Season 1 began on February 5, 2012 so I think pabrizzer has the official first full week of the third year.

Really great idea for a theme Sean. I will be leaving for a five day vacation on wednesday and probably won't have an opportunity to check in after that unless internet service is better than I expect it to be. Im hoping to get something in before I go. This will be a great week for everyone given the no rules rule:)

Oh, one thing I forgot to mention, there's been some debate as to when the third starts. Season 1 began on February 5, 2012 so I think pabrizzer has the official first full week of the third year.

Now you bring dates into account that makes sense Sean.
Great that we are heading into week TWO of the 3rd year of the seasons!
And what a great season it's going to be. We get to see TCK without pants again.
For the record almost ALL of my videos have been done in my boxer shorts!

Top Bottom