Seasonistas Sing The Blues

Tootler

Reaction score
If you want to post blues songs, here is the place to do it.

Just to get things started, here's an original I did for another UU contest.

Now, those who are wanting to post more blues let's hear from you.

I don't sing the blues very often but I'd sure like to spend some time learning a few classic blues songs on the uke. And I'd like to figure out how to play a blues turn around. Thanks to CeeJay and Tootler for inspiring and starting a Blues Thread for the Seasons.
Well - the 11th Season was a long time ago. So here's a blues song recorded way back when.

Cool, Geoff, something I can sink my teeth into and I don't have to find time to film a new vid!

John

Technophobe Blues

I think this one of mine was at least partly inspired by John's "Programmer's Blues" (see above).

Great stuff, everyone. I will try to get a listen sometime but I'm travelling down south tomorrow to visit my father so a 6 - 7 hour drive.

Meanwhile here's another orignal, this time from Season 102

I have plans to re-record another I did for season 102 but which I did in rather a hurry on Sunday evening so the result was more than a little rough.

Meanwhile here's another orignal, this time from Season 102 - "Alcoholic's Lament"

This is great! I like this one a lot. The way you tell the story, is very nice.

-Booli

I LOVE learning blues songs on the uke--I'm especially fond of this one that I did back in season 88, originally recorded by Tim Curry (!) and more recently covered quite successfully by Joe Bonamassa (both versions are worth seeking out). If you know the Tim Curry original, I should warn you that I've toned down the profanity somewhat.

This is my favorite so far. Posted so recently most of you have already seen it but I thought I should include it in case we have some drive by's

Frank Hoier - Lovers and Dollars. Open D - Slide Baritone Ukulele

This is one submitted for Baron's Blues Uke contest. Hans Theesink and Terry Evans, what a great collaboration. Check them out if you can.

Another Frank Hoier tune and one of my early submissions here. Just in case some may have missed it. It translate well to standard reentrant tuning.

Blues In A minor...jamming some fingerpicked uke over a backing track ....

Backing track is available at http://www.guitarbackingtrack.com/ and they are quite happy for you to use them and long as if you post anything you give them a credit ...like this...:)

This is arguably not playing the Ukelele ...

I've Been All Around This World

Well, it's been a while since I had the time to make a new video, so here's an old one from Season 77. A lot of folks seem to be doing the Dave Van Ronk version of this song (as "Hang Me, Oh Hang Me") since it was in that new movie, but this is they way I learned it from listening to Jerry Garcia. I like both versions of the song.

- FiL

Here is another Backing track resource ....woot that 's two now :

http://www.karaoke-version.com/karaoke/

as well as:

http://www.guitarbackingtrack.com/

But be aware that Karaoke version requires that you buy the track although it does allow you to edit , change key and a little light remixing.

Guitar Backing Tracks are free but you get what you are given........

Oh and a quick disclaimer ...I have no interest in either of the above or any of the upcoming sites , financial or otherwise except as a consumer myself.

Nice! I like the idea about it only having new videos. Just a thought, in order to encourage a wider readership you might want to have this thread be somewhere other than just the Season's Forum.

Working on a blues song I wrote as we speak.....

I completely forgot that I posted an original blues song way back in season 47! This is about being a professor, and the first-world problems I get the blues over... (and note that this was my first seasons post ever--thus predating my figuring out how to reverse the picture so it isn't a mirror image...)

Top Bottom