Do you think this uke is playable?

FadaBullet

Reaction score
Yesterday after watching This video on youtube

I decided to check prices on ebay for a cheap vintage Uke
and this ad caught my eye so I placed a bid and won.

BLLmJBmkKGrHgoOKjUEjlLmTEG6BJd7fM6n.jpg

6b3b_1.jpg

5e22_1.jpg

It was made to promote Tiny Tim's 1988 country record "Leave Me Satisfied"

775482.jpg

Of course this just a cheap Uke and I don't know if it is even playable but I thought it would look cool on the wall if nothing else and it's my first!

You probably have to replace the tuning pegs and strings first, but jam em!

I saw that! Was gonna bid on it... kinda wish I had. CONGRATULATIONS!!

Thanks alot guys!I thought it was a kinda unique piece and since I have seen that people can get decent(or at least interesting) sounds out of plastic toy ukuleles it was worth taking a chance on.The seller said has had it in his family for 20 years.I can't wait to get it!

I'd put the uke and the record in an open wooden frame with the uke on a wall hanger inside the diorama.It definitely has a little character.

Thanks!Actually I don't have the record.I just copied that picture from the internet.

Hey do you guys think this is the same kind of ukulele as the one I bought?

Last edited:
Looks like the same one! But you're gonna have to buy it to be sure.

It could have a gigantor crack in it, and it would still be playable ;)
Of course, it is pretty small, and looks like the toy kind that cost 20 bucks, (It probably don't sound too great) but it's an ukulele, nonetheless.

It could have a gigantor crack in it, and it would still be playable ;)
Of course, it is pretty small, and looks like the toy kind that cost 20 bucks, (It probably don't sound too great) but it's an ukulele, nonetheless.

The guy who owns my local music store said he would trade me a new Lanikai LU-21B for it maybe I will do that if it is not playable.

Last edited:
That Lanikai is a $50 model. Tiny Tim is PRICELESS! If I was going to make that trade, I'd insist he throw in a hardcase, new strings (Aquila) and a chromatic tuner all free of charge.

The question is not if it's playable...the question is if it's listenable!

That Lanikai is a $50 model. Tiny Tim is PRICELESS! If I was going to make that trade, I'd insist he throw in a hardcase, new strings (Aquila) and a chromatic tuner all free of charge.

Well,this model is the baritone so I think they sell for around $99.Still,it is not as cool at the TT uke and I'd rather have a soprano.

The question is not if it's playable...the question is if it's listenable!

If that is the case then it doesn't really matter because neither of them would be listenable the way I play :D

Top Bottom