Woodi Plastic Ukuleles more than $1,000 on ebay?!

they were off ebay last week now i see them creeping back again.

Maybe they are out of stock on those models. Since they are long term buy-it-now listings, rather than end a listing, they may have temporarily raised the price until they get more inventory.

Just a guess.

Apparently its cheaper and easier just to hike up the price of an out of stock item to crazy levels on ebay then correct it when there is stock again. You see it done a LOT across the site.

The $1000 ones are for those left over from the first production run. The ones from the latest production run are ~$30. Everybody knows vintage instruments cost more... :)

John

I have one from the first production run. I will be glad to trade mine for a couple of used K-brand ukes.

Hell, I'll gladly sell mine for a third of what they're asking--and I'll even throw in a string change! Any takers?

AH! good one! ;-)

The $1000 ones are for those left over from the first production run. The ones from the latest production run are ~$30. Everybody knows vintage instruments cost more... :)

John

Yeah, mine is pretty close to playable. Actually, better than a lot of un-set-up factory ukes now. I need to get around to making one more pass at lowering the zero-fret a bit more and I think it will be fine for a beater, camp uke, what have you.

It'll never be anything but a plastic uke but once you lower the zero fret the intonation is decent.

John

Bought mine for $25 shipped! On eBay. Very playable... great travel Uke.

Selling on eBay is about finding a buyer. There is a group of ukulele buyers who wont buy anything for less than say $500 because they wont be seen with a cheap instrument. So they type $500 into the minimum price feild and lose all the low cost instruments.
A selling strategy is to move the price up onto the radar of the big spenders. If you are finding your product wont sell, you have a choice of moving the price up or down to find a buyer. You don't always find the buyers by reducing the price.

True...but...if anybody pays $1000 for a Woodi on eBay I'm going to concentrate on hacking eBay so I can find out that person's identity IRL because I have lots of stuff I want to sell them... :)

Top Bottom