Lanikai LU-21 or....

Faib227

Reaction score
I have never played a ukulele before but I have played guitar for years and have played many stringed instruments over the years. Mandolins, banjos, violin, etc.

Im really interested in getting a ukulele but im short on cash.

out of these two which do you think would be the best

http://folk-instruments.musiciansfriend.com/product/Lanikai-LU21-Standard-Ukulele?sku=512519

http://www.empire-music.com/US/English/Catalogue.cfm?ProductID=CL500M

or you can suggest another around that price nothing above 75$

im looking for quality and tone

Thanks for your time

I like the Lanikai. I have one, and it's treated me well. It was my first uke, but I soon wanted something better.

I've never heard of the Classic model, much less played one. Maybe someone else has played one and can offer some insight.

Take a look at musicguymic's eBay store. He's got a couple of great deals in your price range, such as this concert Makala.

Each uke Mike sells comes with a free set up and string upgrade. I haven't heard anything bad about the Makala, all reviews have been positive.

Well, I don't know much about the other one, but I like the Lanikai LU-21, as it was also my very first (real) uke, and I recommend it to any beggining ukuleleist.

In fact, I think I want to get an LU-21 again. No uke-man's collection is complete without at least one simple soprano amidst the myriad of big boy ukes. It feels like the roots of any uker's experience. It feels like home. :rolleyes:

i think im going to go with the Makala concert

coming from guitar a soprano sounds to small.

ive got the lanikai lu-21 tenor size.

i like it, its my very first uke and i cant put it down. allthough right now im saving up for a solid mahogany pono or maybe an eleuke but ill never give up my lanikai, not ever.

allthough the first thing i did was change the strings cuz the ghs ones are kinna =\

has anyone played the makala concert ukulele from mgm?

Top Bottom