U-Space brand new `Ukulele Store/School/Cafe in Downtown Los Angeles

facemeltingukulele

Reaction score
Aloha fellow UUers. Been many moons since I've been active on the forums...but what better reason than "shameless self-promotion".
Just wanted to announce that I've opened up an `ukulele store/school/cafe in Little Tokyo (downtown LA) called U-Space. We've partnered with Brad Ranola and Cary Hitsman of Anacapa Ukulele (Ventura's own `ukulele specific retail store) and the JACCC (Japanese American Community and Cultural Center) to foster community in Little Tokyo. And what's better than `ukulele and coffee to bring people of all ages and demographics together. Come by and check us out at:
244 S. San Pedro St. Los Angeles, CA 90012
U-Space postcard Jan14_v2.jpg

Hey Jason, best of luck on this project, I'm sure you will do great.

Anyone within driving distance should check it out. Jason, Daniel Ho and company are amazing musicians, teachers and wonderful people to hang out with!

i was there this weekend. Great store, and nice people!

We were in the area for a big Google event and my daughter spotted your shop right away. Super idea. I wish we lived closer.

I am looking forward to checking it out this May - I got my mom tickets to the Daniel Ho/hula halau show for Mother's Day. It is kind of funny, when I lived in Pasadena there was nothing near me - and I totally would have gone to this. I moved to the South Bay in part to be closer to uke classes and now you are in Downtown L.A. :)

I am looking forward to checking it out this May - I got my mom tickets to the Daniel Ho/hula halau show for Mother's Day. It is kind of funny, when I lived in Pasadena there was nothing near me - and I totally would have gone to this. I moved to the South Bay in part to be closer to uke classes and now you are in Downtown L.A. :)

Looking forward to it. Brad and I might be sitting in on a couple songs at the May 31st concert. We'll also be playing with Daniel at the Reno Ukulele Fest ;). Save Saturday June 28th too, we're having an Ukulele Expo on the entire JACCC campus complete with a Guiness Book world record attempt for largest ukulele ensemble. We're already starting with 1,000 students from the Torrance school district so we're almost halfway there :D.

Top Bottom