Tell me about the jeweler's saw you use

Gary Gill

Reaction score
What model or brand of jeweler's saw do you use for inlay work? I bought the Xacto 7043. Anyone using StewMac's saw and happy with it?

What model or brand of jeweler's saw do you use for inlay work? I bought the Xacto 7043. Anyone using StewMac's saw and happy with it?

I bought the StewMac one and I HATE it.
I break blades constantly. I can't even use extra fine blades because the screws used to hold the blades chew them up so badly that they break just trying to get them attached.

I will be buying a nice one someday when I can afford it.

I'm not blaming anyone, it is a great saw and I don't see money spent on tools as wasted money (well nearly always). Even cheaper blades last longer in it.

Sven, that would be me to blame. And Chuck knows about the laser gold blades - he linked it!

Last edited:
Great information and I appreciate the links.

Chuck, I don't have any Eddie Vedder CDs so I am practicing on old blanks.

I made mine from a heavy duty hacksaw frame after hurling the X-acto type as far away from my work area as possible. It's very solid and is fitted with two blocks made from 3/8" key stock. It has two allen head screws that tighten against the blade blocks to retain the blade.

One of these days I intend to spring for one of the Knew Concepts saws just cause they look so cool. In all honesty this one works so well that I can't imagine much improvement in my hack techniques.

InlaySaw1.jpg

Top Bottom