orcas or fremont blacklines?

Never tried fremont, but rate the orcas on aNueNue ukes, nice slippy feel and a delicate, complex tone.

I have Blacklines on two of my ukes, to improve the tone. I found them to really take time to settle and hold pitch, although the sound is superior. Really helped the hand painted Tiki Fluke, which was sort of dead sounding with other strings. Must be from the slightly thicker front...but it really sounds great now. Mike from Uke Republic recommended them!

I have Blacklines on two of my ukes, to improve the tone. I found them to really take time to settle and hold pitch, although the sound is superior. Really helped the hand painted Tiki Fluke, which was sort of dead sounding with other strings. Must be from the slightly thicker front...but it really sounds great now. Mike from Uke Republic recommended them!

Agree. I tried Orcas on a Fluke too, and found them softer and more mellow-sounding than the Fremonts. Fine if you're looking for that sound, but I wasn't. I found the Fremont blacklines to be clearer and louder on that particular uke. OTOH I loved Orcas on the Flea. If you can, try both, and other strings too. Give them time to settle in so you can hear their true sound on any uke.

Top Bottom