Jake's audio settings

UKESTAR

Reaction score
Anybody know if Jake uses reverb or chorus or ANY effects on his amps?

Also, I wonder if he has the bass all the way up and where the trebble is set at when he performs etc etc etc?

I went to see him in concert at Anthology and didn't really notice him messing with a pre-amp or amp for that matter.

Anyone.....anyone:eek:?

Currently, Jake just brings his uke and a cable and plugs into the house system. The only reverb he would have is if the house sound man adds it. Jake dumped his pedal board a while back.

He got rid of all his effects and is going acoustic now. His setup is still kinda crazy. I know he uses a pretty good direct input. He explained to me how the DI is basically like a mic for your ukulele. So the better and clearer the signals coming from the DI, the better the sound.

Also, I know for a fact that he uses an oval instrument cable. Very clear, very fluid and VERY EXPENSIVE instrument cable hahaha. I think you can see it on the second Conan O'Brien performance. When he first showed it to me I was like "whoa... I want one..." hahahah. But looking at the prices... maybe not... LOL.

Here's the instrument cables I was talking about:
http://www.analysis-plus.com/pro_guitarinstrument.html

He has the second to the last one (the purple looking cable)

Doesn't his ukulele have a built in preamp? I thought I remember him having a multi-source Fishman system for it. (or was that James Hill?) He might have some EQ settings on there. Both of their amplified ukulele tones are pretty nice and fairly natural sounding.

Doesn't his ukulele have a built in preamp? I thought I remember him having a multi-source Fishman system for it. (or was that James Hill?) He might have some EQ settings on there. Both of their amplified ukulele tones are pretty nice and fairly natural sounding.

I'm fairly confident that Jake's Fishman pickup does have a preamp but no tone or volume controls.

James Hill does use the Fishman Pro Blend system that combines a little mic on the inside of the soundbox with the undersaddle pickup.

The more I look at those cables... the more I want them haha

Nice!! Yeh, I remember when I saw Jake in concert the other week that the cable looked like it was made from some sort of woven material.....dang that is expensive stuff. I thought my monster cable was expensive..haha...:eek:

Top Bottom