"Don't Fence Me In"

H

Hippie Dribble

1934. Cole Porter; Richard Fletcher.

my little arrangement of this classic Porter tune. I have no idea if this song is meant to be jazz or country, so I wore a chequered shirt and added some minor 7ths and diminished chords as a compromise. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TbZLYRt0Vw

Jon -

....maybe you should do it as a gospel tune?!? How come you made it to Hawaii...but not all the way to Seattle? It's only another 6 hours!

paul

That is so great! Do you have the tab transcribed? I would love to learn it!

Jon -

....maybe you should do it as a gospel tune?!? How come you made it to Hawaii...but not all the way to Seattle? It's only another 6 hours!

paul
haha mate, I'll be in Cloverdale in June. That anywhere close? :)
That is so great! Do you have the tab transcribed? I would love to learn it!
hey Concertina, glad you like it, thanks for watching.

Alas I don't do tabs really, I just use chords and tend to add a bit of melody on the fly most times. But I can link you to the chord sheet I used as the basis of the song. It's here on Ukulele Boogaloo's awesome site. Cheers.

http://www.alligatorboogaloo.com/uke/tabs/050511.html

Jon-

We'll have to talk. I want to get you up here!!! I could set up concert for you....or just tourist stuff!!! We could visit Mya Moe or Duane H. in Yakima.

Call me at 425 238- 1568

paul

Really enjoyed your performance and the sound of that Black Bear. Looks amazing too. You have quite a stable of beautiful instruments there. Hope you have insurance! While you're at it, insure your lovely voice and skillful hands as well. I hear you can do that these days :rolleyes:

Great to hear this song...no less a figure than James Brown did a wonderful version sometime in the 70s, I believe.
Hope your travels are fulfilling...will you be in New York too? I might go there in the spring.

Yeah mate, Cali

Google says it's only 2339 miles from Cloverdale, CA to Nashville, IN - we gonna see you at UWC this year???? :)

BTW, great cover of the song!

John

Top Bottom