For Sale: Early 30's Martin/Eckhaus 0/1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Msburd

Reaction score
Sweet old uke for sale, to make way for a special Earnest La Paula tenor. It's an early 30's Martin 0 soprano with bar frets, violin peg tuners. I bought it from master luthier Joel Eckhaus in 2010. He had just replaced the damaged original top with the spruce (I asked why spruce? He said "why not..?")you see here (signed and dated 12/09) and added tort binding, to make it a hybrid 0/1. He repaired a couple back cracks at the time as well. It shows signs of plenty of use, but it's a neat player with personality, and lots of it. It's loud and plinky like a 30's Martin should be. Comes with cheap gig bag. $400 + ship CONUS
100_1815.jpg100_1817.jpg100_1818.jpg100_1821.jpg100_1820.jpg

Last edited:
I think that is very cool...yeah, why not? There are plenty mahogany topped Martins out there, why not a spruce top since it had to be replaced?

I think that is very cool...yeah, why not? There are plenty mahogany topped Martins out there, why not a spruce top since it had to be replaced?

I don't have an identical one to compare it to, but it's louder and has more "bark" than a 60's 0 I have. I'd keep it in a heartbeat but I'm a bassist by trade and Joel's tenor is a much better fit for my paws.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom