Leonard

Reaction score
Hi everybody my name is Leonard and I live the UK just outside Lincoln. I have a couple of ukes and have been playing badly for a couple of years now lol. I have always wanted to be able to play a musical instrument but never had the time until I retired. On retirement my wife and I decided to sell up and buy and live on a narrow boat, which we did and loved it. I thought to myself nows the time I'll buy a guitar! Brill idea. But her who must be obeyed said we don't have the room for a big guitar and so she bought me my first ukuleke and I loved it so much I gave it to my grandson lol lol.
We decided to go on a cruise not on our boat, a big one!! To Hawaii and sail around the islands of Hawaii. So from LA four days out four days around the islands and four days back.
Whilst on board at 10.00hr a gentlemen started teaching us to play ukulele for an hour each day.
And that your honour is how I got hooked....

That's a pretty great story! I have always wanted to live on a boat!

Welcome, cool story. Glad you joined us. Your sentence? Buy more ukes and continue practicing.

Welcome to UU, Leonard. Despite living in Chesterfield, I spend most days working for a company on the end of Brayford Wharf in Lincoln, looking out at all the boats.

Welcome to UU. I am sure you will find UU as full of great information and useful advice as I have. It is a great resource.

So how many ukes takes up the space of one guitar?

Welcome to the UU.

Top Bottom